⚜ ~ 24 ~ ⚜

As evening came upon the rest, most gathered in the main area. There were tables around, most presiding food for the party. The torches had been set up beyond the tables, most unaware of the importance. Some had attempted to ask Kyoujurou, but the Hashira had kept his word. Only Kagaya truly knew the purpose, something he was oddly fond of seeing. It was a good surprise and one he deemed capable of bringing about a better mood for the party. A start to the festivities. Which brought Tanjirou to his current situation. He'd requested to be left alone, asking for no visitors. Even Giyuu and Rui had understood and proceeded to remain with the others.

Tanjirou moved about the room, slipping into the attire for the dance. He normally had help with parts of the outfits, but he decided to keep it a secret until he did the dance. Laughter and chatter filled the silence as he held the main part of the dance, the stick that jutted to different sides. He held the handle tightly, taking in a long breath to calm his stuttering heart. This was stressful for him, mostly causing his spike in anxiety. He could hear Kagaya beginning to quiet the group, ordering them to take a seat. It only made him more nervous. Slowly he approached the door, pulling it open as he lowered the face covering. 

His feet stepped down the wooden porch, the bare soles pressed lightly against the outcropping. He remained silent, for the surprise as he slipped into the main courtyard. Most were far too preoccupied to notice him as he glanced to Kagaya. The older male gave a short nod, waiting for Tanjirou to take his spot, something Kyoujurou took note of first. His expression was something else, drawing a smile on the maroon haired males features, not that most saw. He stood in position, awaiting as the flames on the ceremonial torches flickered. 

"I would like you all to quiet down for a moment. Let me speak." Kagaya's voice washed over everyone, silencing the area. They focused on him as he continued on. "I am glad to see everyone in such good health. It has been a wonderous adventure by far, all of us gaining new allies to aid us. As a note, I've come to throw this celebration, to seek hope in our continued health." 

"Where is Tanjirou?" Giyuu's voice drew Kagaya's gaze, the smile so gentle. The Demon stayed silent, simply awaiting an answer. He wasn't sure what to expect, nor how he hadn't noticed Tanjirou sooner. But as Kagaya spoke, his gaze drifted to a sight that left him breathless. The pristine stance and slight movements of that maroon set of hair. 

"It seems you've taken notice. Tanjirou has blessed us with a dance, the Hinokami Kagura. If you'd take a look toward him, let's take in this spectacle with silence. The beginning to this festivity." Nearly everyone had turned their gaze, most taken back. The long hair swayed, Tanjirou's face completely covered. He seemed so mysterious, even if most knew him. To put it simply, they were beyond words. 

Every move was graceful, like a lion moving on prey. The attire shifted with every movement, the ceremonial stick illuminated in fire. It was like the breathing, the fire leaking to the ground before it vanished. Every swift move brought the outline and glow of the fire to life that surrounded Tanjirou. His appearance melded, seeming so bright for nighttime. To put it simply, most lost the ability of words beyond that point. Each second was something remarkable. Even Sanemi was at a loss, simply consumed by such a dance and it's elegance. 

But every thing comes to an end eventually. As Tanjirou finished the dance, he took in a large breath, sweat rolling from his face as he viewed the expressions. Shock was the main emotion, but Tanjirou could smell the one thing that mattered most. There was a heavy smell of hope. It brought him deep joy. Taking a short bow, he swiftly left to change. Giyuu had been seated, but took off after. Some took notice, but not many. They simply were too lost to everything. It took Kagaya to bring them back, the subtle clap stirring them back to reality as most were completely speechless. 

Tanjirou entered the room before placing the ceremonial stick back in it's box. He shut it before noticing a familiar smell. It drew his gaze through the fabric, a gentle smile rolling over his features as Giyuu entered. The door shut slowly and silently, the Demon remaining without words. Even so, Tanjirou could sense the sheer joy and adoration. It was warm to the maroon haired male, those eyes so gentle as they viewed him. 

"Giyuu-san. I was planning to come back to the party after changing." There was a long silence before Tanjirou attempted to take the cover from his face. Giyuu had stopped his movement, drawing closer as a gentle hand landing on his, pulling his fingers away. It stirred the breath in the youngers lungs, who tilted his head upward. "Giyuu-san?"

Giyuu drew closer, lowering his voice. He spoke so low it brought a chill to Tanjirou's spine. It was violent at first, forcing Tanjirou to lose his breath before he found it again. The aroma of the other was highly affectionate and showed a heavy need. 

"Let's ditch the party." Tanjirou normally would have refused to remain from being disrespectful, but in that moment he felt a heavy desire. A need to follow Giyuu. It brought his heart to life, the pounding so loud. Gentle fingers traveled Tanjirou's cheeks, brushing over them before fingers snagged the edge of the covering. It was pulled just above the nose, keeping Tanjirou's eyes covered while exposing his lips. Giyuu gave a low hum, shifting ever closer. The closer he got, the more Tanjirou felt his need increase. His desire to feel those lips he'd remembered before. "What's your answer, Tanjirou~"

"Let's skip..." Those were the only words Tanjirou could find, his breath stuttering as he exhaled. Giyuu took notice, smiling as closed the slight distance. Those lips caressed the youngers, bringing a slight tremble to the movements Tanjirou made. The kiss was so soft and sweet, laced with both individuals lust. It escalated from gentle to something more seductive as Giyuu pleaded for entrance. This time Tanjirou gave way early, succumbing to the heat bubbling inside him as he tasted Giyuu. The feeling of their tongues dancing left him lost as he closed his eyes, feeling the kiss deepen by the second. His eyes only reopened as the kiss was abruptly broken, their lips leaving each other as a string of saliva followed suit. It broke shortly, leaving Tanjirou to take a long breath to reclaim his air. Giyuu took that moment to bring himself even closer, his hands snaking around the others waist as he whispered low once more, letting his breath roll over Tanjirou. 

"Let's go on that date. You and I; a night to remember~"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you've enjoyed this chapter and next chapter is a treat. Imma give you all some much desired intimacy between the two~ Took me nearly twenty four chapters, but lets be honest, the wait was worth it. A relationship needs build-up. (✿◠‿◠)

Next chapter will have both fluff and Smut, so come prepared for a spicy time with their little date~