⚜ ~ 8 ~ ⚜

Two years had passed quicker then anyone could have expected. In the end, the two years was worth it. He passed Final Selection with ease, even if Giyuu assisted to a point. He didn't really mind the protection, often loved it. With those two years, both of them had gotten to know the other better. Which led to certain situations involving Giyuu's hunger. Truth be told, Giyuu began to seek more nutrients once Tanjirou was far enough into his training. The two held a bond no one could see, or understand for that sense. It was something secret and treasured by both. Their friendship had even become something unbreakable. That included the often stories of childhoods and pasts. Within the time of opening up, Tanjirou became aware of how much Giyuu went through. In the end, it only made him feel closer and hang onto the hope of turning Giyuu back someday. 

That being said, Tanjirou always enjoyed the others presence. He'd been over thrilled knowing he could still speak to Giyuu even whilst the Demon was submerged into his shadow. It was odd at first, like a voice in the back of his head. Eventually it felt normal. He'd walk during broad day speaking silently to the other, not a soul aware of this. There of course had been times where he nearly slipped up during final selection. Giyuu had decided to crack a joke while the maroon hair male was in the presence of not only a Demon, but another slayer in final selection. It was indeed awkward, his outburst of laughing. Those looks were weighing on Tanjirou for a bit and he had mentally scolded Giyuu afterward. In the end, the company was appreciated. Not only the chatter, but the brute strength from Giyuu. Even without a sword, he was formidable. Tanjirou had been shocked for hours after witnessing him sending a Demon flying away. It wasn't a peaceful time for the Demon, that much Tanjirou was sure about. After all, there were endless trees that suffered the force. After being sent away, Tanjirou never saw the Demon again. Then again, he couldn't remember seeing a single Demon afterward. 

'Oi, Tanjirou. Stop drowning me in your thoughts...' Tanjirou had left the wisteria outcropping before standing with the others that remained. Not many made it through, which didn't surprise Tanjirou much. It took skill and some just weren't cut for this path. To become a Demon Slayer. 

'Look here, grumpy. This is my own head, so not my problem you are connected to it with your Demon Art.' Giyuu sighed before falling silent as Tanjirou's focus shifted to the two shorter individuals before him. He listened as they explained the ore, his gaze narrowing as one of the remaining people had decided to get physical. Giyuu had insisted Tanjirou stay back, but that wasn't who he was. Even Giyuu knew that. So he stepped forward and solved the problem. He also mentally noted the other who he'd hurt a bit was probably not going to befriend him in the end. Which wasn't too bothersome. Tanjirou knew friendships were not the main focus, they were an add-on should time be given for them. Once the ore was chosen, Tanjirou knew he'd head back and wait. Both were aware the moment Tanjirou got his sword, he'd have to say goodbye for good. It was heart wrenching, but they'd prepared themselves for it. 

Moving down the pathway to return back, he noticed the sun was slightly hidden. Deciding he was indeed tired, he figured a short break wouldn't hurt. Slipping off the direct path, he moved through the woods before finding a small lake with a large rock nearby. The whole area was breathtaking and protected by the leaves, all minus the body of water. Those rays hit the crystal waters and reflected like numerous jewels freshly shaped and polished. Sitting on the rock, he sighed before feeling the weight shift on him. The addition was gone as Giyuu stood beside him, stretching out. 

"You know, it's quite annoying being in a shadow."

"How so? You seemed to enjoy being lazy and relaxing." Giyuu perked his lips before smirking. That alone brought a chuckle to Tanjirou before he focused once more on the water. "I'm planning to clean up. Need any food in your system?"

"Are you offering? Cause I'd not refuse, if that's the case. Sitting around has made me famished." Tanjirou noticed those mischievous eyes, his heart undeniably leaping in his chest. Since he'd gotten closer to Giyuu, the other became more expressive. That alone had caused the maroon haired slayer to love the other even more. In the beginning it was definitely a friendship type of love, but he knew better. Over time, there was no denying the feelings that slumbered in him. The two had an odd relationship, that much was true. Tanjirou could also smell the emotions and feelings Giyuu now showed. There was a flame between them, just neither wanted to risk it going out should a situation befall them. So they sheltered it, letting it remain the size it was without disturbing it. That being said, Giyuu often tested those boundaries, not that Tanjirou minded. It only brought them closer in the end. Lost in his own thoughts, he hadn't noticed Giyuu until a finger smacked his forehead. The impact, while gentle, still sent him off the rock backward. He hit the ground below before groaning, his eyes narrowing as he watched Giyuu smirk.

"Jerk."

"You asked for it, being so disconnected. You're lucky I am here. What happens if a Demon that isn't me approached you?" Tanjirou huffed, fixing himself before climbing back onto his spot. 

"That wouldn't happen. You protect me, including scaring off the other Demons." 

"Maybe. Maybe not. Don't always rely on me. There will come times when I can't aid you, got it?" There was a long pause before the other nodded. Giyuu, feeling content, approached Tanjirou from the front. He reached out, slowly taking the other's hand with a slight smirk still present. "Now, how about a snack so I can enjoy the water beneath the sun."

"Go ahead. Just don't make it weird like last time." Tanjirou mentally melted remembering it. Giyuu had always brought the shorter male to a submissive sort of state. That being said, he was far too flustered after the past incident. Having a Demon he crushed on lick blood from his neck was all but the cause of his embarrassment. Pulled from his thoughts, he viewed Giyuu place his nail along Tanjirou's palm. Slowly it cut the skin, traveling further up a finger before Giyuu brought the hand close. His tongue pressed the center, rolling along the length of it before moving up the finger. Tanjirou held his breath seeing it, almost choking on his breath as the Demon pressed the finger into his mouth, letting his tongue and warm breath roll along it. Red was definitely cascading Tanjirou's features before he felt Giyuu release his hand, saliva still resting along his hand. Giyuu smiled before speaking low, bringing Tanjirou's heart crashing full force to the ground.

"Thanks for the meal~" Giving a brief wave, he wandered of toward the water, leaving Tanjirou to recover from it. The maroon haired male struggled to regain composure as he folded into himself, his thoughts running wild as he struggled to calm his stuttering heart. His words were soft, weak to a point. Something Giyuu wouldn't hear.

"I said not to make it weird... Baka..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you've enjoyed. Leave me your thoughts! Always appreciated! (✿◠‿◠)