⚜ ~ 13 ~ ⚜

Giyuu after hearing that had remained by his side as the Slayer ran through the streets. His hands was resting on his sword as he followed the lingering stench of death. Giyuu was heavily worried, contemplating what he'd do should Muzan try to attack Tanjirou. Luckily, he figured the Demon would avoid a scene. That being said, neither were prepared for the scene before them. When Tanjirou snatched his shoulder, he shuddered seeing those eyes as the name slid from his mouth. The Demon seemed to take a moment to recover before he gave a fake smile, assuring he didn't know the Slayer. That was when his gaze rolled over Giyuu. The sight sent his heart sinking as anger oozed from him, It was like he'd lost his pride. 

Tanjirou knew he couldn't attack Muzan without stirring trouble. He clenched his teeth before letting the other slip past, not before Giyuu took notice to the swift actions. Tanjirou had also caught wind of it, leading to him leaping toward the newly turned human. His own words washed over the crowds as he denied hiding his anger. His frustration. Not only was he too weak, but someone innocent had been involved. That Muzan was using someone as a disguise. It left him sick. 

Giyuu had been about to help before hearing a soothing voice. His gaze rose, spotting a gentle face. She spoke low, so her voice was unheard. That said, Giyuu read her lips. Seeing her rip at her skin, he sunk into the shadows as flowers enveloped the area. It gave her time to slip in, securing the feral Demon as she motioned the Slayer to follow. Tanjirou watched her cautiously, but nodded without hesitation. He knew he couldn't remain in the streets, not after the scene that had been caused.

The three slunk away into the alley's before making their way to the residence. Upon entering, Tanjirou sighed softly, his gaze downcast. Giyuu had rejoined him at his side, assuring he was physically okay. The two met gazes momentarily before following inside. Once in, they watched Tamayo wander off, leaving Tanjirou beside Giyuu and another Demon. The two met eyes for a period of time, Tanjirou swearing he saw a spark and not the good kind.

"What's a Demon doing following a Demon Slayer?" Giyuu heard the tone, scowling as he took a step closer, narrowing his gaze. 

"You call me a Demon with spite, yet you yourself are one. Quite big words for a nobody!" 

"Oh? What makes you such a hotshot? It's definitely not that disgraceful appearance!" Tanjirou stood there quietly, not entirely sure what to say. He was highly thankful for Tamayo returning. The moment she came back, the other Demon's mood changed. Of course, Giyuu didn't leave it alone.

"Least I have some qualities that are charming, unlike your lousy personality!"

"Huh? You say something Fish eyes? You have a colder expression than winter!" Tanjirou sighed before stepping past them. He moved closer to the female Demon, giving a soft smile. She returned one before bowing slightly.

"I apologize for him. He is rough around the edges, but still a good individual."

"No worries. I can tell, by his scent. Names Tanjirou, Tanjirou Kamado." She chuckled lightly before speaking, her tone soft.

"Call me Tamayo. For a Demon Slayer, you're a strange one. Most would take the Demon's head in that single moment." Tanjirou thought for a second before shrugging. He hadn't done so because there was no need. They had harmed no one.

"I guess I am just different. After all, no Demon Slayers travel with a Demon." 

"That is true. But it's nice to see that relation. Gives me hope." She glanced back at the two bickering." Should we stop them?"

"Let him go. They'll get bored eventually. Seems we both have some troublesome allies." She chuckled once more, nodding as she led the way. The two were too involved in argument to notice both bodies leave. At some point the two had finished bickering. They wandered into the room together, shoving the other before taking their respective seats. Tanjirou found it funny, reminding him of his family. There were times his brothers fought. It only showed how much he missed them.

The conversation had gone smoothly afterward, Tanjirou coming to an agreement. He was excited to hear about a potential to a cure, even if he had to fight strong Demons. In the end it would be worth it. He also enjoyed the chance to learn a bit more about some Demons. It only proved his choice was right. There was still a chance for good in Demons. He's have wanted to carry on talking, but time was short and they were interrupted rather rudely. It not only irritated Yushiro, but Giyuu as well. In the end, the fight was one-sided. Giyuu easily took care of the Temari Demon, even helping Tanjirou with the other one. The maroon haired slayer had prayed before giving a short farewell. He had to leave to assure no one else would track him to the pair. They were his best chance at a brighter future.

For the next couple days, things had gone pretty normal. Tanjirou had met Zenitsu along the way, a rather frightened slayer. It made him wonder how he passed. Of course, he chose not to judge. With his new found friend, Giyuu was constantly stuck in his shadow type space. It left the Demon irritable. Even so, Tanjirou appreciated his chatter, even if it was only between the two of them.

'When can I come out? I miss the sun already...'

'Don't pout. I get you want to walk freely, but we can't risk you being found out about. You already said it would mark both of our demise.' There was a heavy silence before Giyuu sighed.

'How did you even know I was pouting? You can't physically see me...'

'We've known each other for over a year. At this point, you're the closest person to me.' A hum filled the silence before Tanjirou listened to the other's remark, nearly choking on air at his shock.

'I really am the closest, after all, did get quite the passionate kiss that one day. You tasted quite sweet~' After that, Tanjirou had mentally blocked the other for a time. He had often caught glances from Zenitsu, but ignored them before chatting with the blond. He had also learned ignoring Giyuu was a mistake. Zenitsu had nearly lost his heart from the scare. Giyuu had reached out from the shadow and snatched the others leg, sinking back before being seen. To say the least, the Demon got payback. Tanjirou was left carrying an unconscious teammate to the location of their mission.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the shorter chapter. I am trying to get through the minor things to get to the main story. Either way, leave me feedback and hope you enjoyed! (✿◠‿◠)