𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂 𝓕𝓸𝓾𝓻

Madison was a nervous wreck. She knew that she would have to be patient with the new recruits since they still needed experience. And with her not being the type of person to order people around, this would be a big change from the Cadet Corps.

"Alright, you brats. Listen up, Cadet Madison Snow and I will be monitoring and training you for the next three weeks. As you all know, we're following the plan of reclaiming Wall Maria and we all need to be prepared. I don't want to hear you whine about what you can and cannot do. I don't give a damn. Just give it your all and there will be no problems. Cadet Snow will be training the ones who still need to improve their ODM and hand-to-hand combat skills while I will be tasked to do advanced training for the ones that excel in all. Any questions? And they better not be dumb ones either."

"I do, sir." Armin replied out loud, Levi looking over to him. "What is it, Arlet?"

"What if we can't improve our skills? Do we get kicked out or something?"  Armin asked, Madison looking to Levi, wondering the same thing. "That would be up to Commander Erwin. But with this expedition coming up, that probably won't be the case. You might have to go through intensive training."

Armin nodded, his forehead starting to sweat. As much as he didn't want to go through the intensive training, he would possibly have to if he can't master these skills.

"If there aren't any other questions, Madison..you're up."

"Um..o-okay. Uh..we'll be starting off with ODM training since that will be most useful. We can worry about hand-to-hand later on. Those who need to improve, follow me towards the woods." Madison called out, seeing mostly all of the recruits starting to walk away. The only people she saw were the ones that graduated top twelve and a few other recruits.

'This is going to be a bit of work, but..I can do this.' Madison thought to herself, walking ahead of the recruits. Along the way, she could hear whispers behind her. She knew they were probably talking about her. Why was this cadet training them? Why is this cadet doing a veteran's job? This isn't her place.

Erwin made this decision. And if he made it, then it was for a good damn reason.

"Maddie?"

Madison looked to her side, seeing Armin and Christa, nearly catching her off guard. If she didn't know Armin, she would have thought him and Christa were twins.

"Y-Yes?"

"Why did the Commander ask you to train us? Why not any veterans? I'm not complaining at all about it! I'm just curious.." Armin stated, waving his hands as his way of telling her to not get offended. "Well..my grades were really good during training. And Commander Erwin, Hange, and Captain Levi had read over it. I guess they felt I could help in a way."

Armin nodded, Madison approaching a wooden makeshift Titan, the ones they used back in the Cadet Corps.

"Alright..we should all know the basic rules of ODM gear, right?" Madison asked, the other recruits nodding. "Okay. Everyone pick up your ODM gear and we can get started."
--

The next couple of hours went smoothly. Madison was able to get some people back on track when they lost focus. She helped others who couldn't get it after a while.

"That's it, guys! Keep practicing!" Madison encouraged, watching the other recruits continuing their training. She heard a loud yelp and turned around, seeing Armin had fell from a tree and he was sitting up, grabbing his side.

"D-Damn it!" Armin cried out, tears starting to well up suddenly. Madison made her way over to him, tapping his shoulder when shs made it to him. "Armin?"