𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂

It's been a month.

A month since they got ahold of the journals. And yet, there was no luck for Madison. They found out a few things on Eren, like his powers work when he has a true goal in mind. An instinct, a motive. His powers will activate within him if necessary.

As for Madison, she's searched non-stop for answers about her father or about his powers. But all of them were of what she knows already.

She can heal others through some kind of transfer, she can heal herself, she can create any weapon with the palm of her hand, and she has a high tolerance for pain.

So, as far as she can tell, at the moment, she's back to square one.

"You should get some sleep, Maddie.." Madison heard, looking up from one of the journals to Hange, who was looking over another journal, their face looking just as exhausted as she was. "I'm f-fine..."

"You look like you're about to pass out. Come on, you've been up since 7 this morning. Get some rest." Hange insisted, Madison sighing and closing the journal. "I can't, Hange. I can't rest until I understand this power. Hell, I don't even want to go back asleep or I might burn Captain Levi and the Levi Squad again."

"That was only one time, Madison. And besides, I'll come get you when I find something." Hange assured, Madison looking to the journal once again, her exhausted mind overcoming her body and she handed the journal in her hand to Hange. They took the journal, watching as the teen walked out of their office, dragging her feet tiredly out the room as she did.

"Rest yourself, Maddie..we have a lot of work to do." Hange mumbled, going back to reading one of the other pages in the journal that they held.

844

We just came back from patrol, Levi, Isabel, Farlan, and I. Those three are excellent fighters and I admire their skill. Especially Levi. No military training at all and yet, he can work the ODM gear like a natural.

But back on topic, we fought off Titans today, but...God, I think I'm losing my mind thinking about this. Everyone will think I'm crazy for even coming up with this idea.

I won't get into too much detail, but I believe that these Titans...how do I say this? Madison would read this and probably think I'm crazy. I believe these Titans use to be people.

I don't know how. I don't know what got me thinking about this. But..I encountered an abnormal that..looked a lot like Vince. Maybe I am crazy. I'm not sure. He did go missing for a while, but..there's more to this than what we already know. I just know it.

"So...Commander Snow had the same idea, huh?" Hange asked themselves, looking over to the side and seeing a notebook of a former Scout laying flat next to the piles of journals on their desk. "I need to look into this further. But not tonight. Can't tell Maddie to get some sleep and I don't get any myself."
-

"Morning, Maddie!" Madison heard while turning around seeing Levi and Eren approach her. She moved the bucket of hay away from the horses and smiled at them both.

"Morning, Eren, Captain Levi."

"Did you find anything else on your powers, Madison?" Levi asked suddenly, Madison shaking her head, a disappointed look on her face. "No, nothing right now. Just the same thing. But there's plenty more to look into."

"There better be or all of the shit we've been through would have been for nothing." Levi replied. "But I did find one thing. I found out that I can see certain memories of my Dad's just from hearing a certain thing he's heard or if I walk into a room he's been in that's of importance."

"Like when Greta mentioned the Attack Titan?"

"Or when we cleaned my old room?" Both Eren and Levi asked and Madison nodded to them both. "Yes. He wrote about seeing different versions of my grandmother's past. And some of my uncle's, his older brother."

"Interesting.." Eren mumbled, Levi looking from him to Madison with an urgent look. "If you were to go to his old office, would you be able to find something in there through his memories?"

"Um..maybe..we'll have to find out."

"Alright. I'll lead the way. Follow me."
---

"This is the room right here.." Levi pointed out, opening the door to an empty office. It was cleaned down, and there was not a lot in it except an old desk and a small cabinet.

Madison walked into the room, her eyes welling up slowly with tears as she recalled the memories of her and her father in this very room. Her father doing work at his desk and Madison reading one of the books from his library on Titans, their history, and how to kill them.

Other moments were being nearby and she witnessed a couple of meetings with her father, Commander Keith Shadis, and Commander Erwin, who was Captain at the time.

It was moments like that that she missed. That brought back precious memories.

"Maddie? Are you..sensing anything?"

"No..nothing yet." Madison replied, approaching the cabinet and looking inside. There wasn't anything in there except a small red letter opener. Madison furrowed her eyebrows, picking it up and examining it.

"Um..Captain? Did my Dad ever have a letter opener?"

"No. Not that I know of." Levi replied, Madison looking to him and showing the letter opener to him. "Well, I found this. I don't know if it belonged to him or wh-"

Madison stopped in mid sentence, her eyes quickly glowing red. She found herself looking in the same office, but it was filled with someone's belongings. She turned around, facing the desk and saw her father sitting at it, using his letter opener on an envelope in his hand.

"D-Dad?" She mumbled, slowly approaching the desk. As if he heard her, the man had lift his head up and looked around, Madison muttering his name again to get his attention.

"Madison? Is that you?" He replied back, looking around again. Madison went to reply, but her eyes returned back to normal, the empty office appearing in her vision again and Eren quickly at her side. "Madison? Are you okay? What did you see?"

"I..I saw my..father.." She mumbled, looking over at the desk in front of her. "Check those drawers on that side, Eren. See if you find a brown envelope with a red wax seal."

"W-What? Why?"

"Just do it!" Madison exclaimed, immediately digging into the drawers on her right, which still filled with reports from old expeditions. Eren went on the other side, digging in there for this mysterious envelope.

"Why are you looking for an envelope?" Levi asked, watching the two dig through the drawers. "My dad..was opening one in the vision I saw."

"Okay, what was it?"

"I'm not sure. That's what we need to find out, sir."