𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂 𝓣𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮

"You wanted to see me, sir?" Madison asked while entering Erwin's office, seeing him, Levi, and Hange in the room. "Yes, Madison. Come in."

Madison walked in, closing the door behind her and approached her three superiors. Madison looked between their faces, none had looks of dismay or pessimistic faces, which only amped up her curiosity even more.

"Um..is something wrong, sir?"

"Not at the moment, no. But we're all here because we would like you to help with training the new recruits." Erwin explained, Madison's eyes widened. She blinked in shocked, stunned by the request. Erwin wanted her, a cadet, to help train other cadets? Was she sure she was hearing right?

"Um..what?"

"We know its a lot to ask, Maddie..but we've read your grades and reports on you and your performance in ODM training and hand-to-hand combat is outstanding! We thought maybe you could help train the ones that still need to improve on their skills. Levi would be there to back you up while also doing advance training with the more skilled recruits."

"Um..uh..." Madison began, unable to get a word out. As much as she was honored to help any way she could, she was wondering if people would even listen. If they would take her advice. "Madison..you don't have to answer right now. I could give you till tomorrow to think it ov-"

"No! Um..no, sir. I would be honored to. I just..wouldn't know where to begin." Madison replied, Erwin nodding. "I understand. We're hoping to start with ODM training tomorrow. We need to prepare for the next three weeks for the expedition coming up."

"Alright..then, I won't let you down, sir. Any of you."

"We know you won't, Madison. I'll definitely be sure of that." Levi replied, a humorous mixture in his nonchalant expression. Madison laughed nervously, looking down at her feet as she did.

"Oh, um..I meant to ask earlier, who am I rooming with now that the recruits have showed up?"

"Well, our dorms are split by gender. So you'll be in a room with the new recruits Mikasa Ackerman, Sasha Braus, and Christa Lenz." Hange explained, Madison nodding and smiling a bit. Even though she missed rooming with Armin, having Mikasa, Sasha, and Christa with her brought a bit of comfort to her.

"Okay, thank you, sir."

"Of course, Madison. Training starts at 7 tomorrow, but we need you down at the training grounds by 6." Erwin replied back, Madison sighing heavily. "I'll be there."
--
"Hey, Madison!" Christa exclaimed as soon as Madison walked into the dorm room, the girl immediately plopping onto the bunk bed. "Hey, Christa.."

"What's wrong with you?" Mikasa asked while approaching Madison, leaning against the bedpost. "I have to get up early tomorrow because Commander Erwin wants me to help train the recruits who still need to improve the ODM and hand-to-hand combat skills."

"Wow! That's really exciting! You must be nervous." Christa said while sitting down next to Madison. "Yeah, I am. I've never trained anyone in my life. Let alone any recruits. But, I got to relax my nerves. If anything happens, Captain Levi said he'd step in."

"He hasn't mistreated you either, has he?" Mikasa asked, a murderous facial expression flashed across her pale skin. Madison shook her head, her eyes widened by the horrifying look.

"Oh, no! More like he's been protective of me. I think it has something to do with my Dad. But..no, he hasn't mistreated me or Eren." Madison assured, Mikasa relaxing a bit but the look still lingered.

"Why did you ask? What happened?" Christa asked, looking between Madison and Mikasa. "Let's just say Captain Levi is an example of actions speak louder than words."