𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓕𝓲𝓿𝓮

"God, please don't let me be too late.." Madison mumbled to herself, heading straight to the area where she heard Armin. She looked around, her heart racing in fear and tears slowly rising to her black and red eyes. "Armin!"

"Madison!" She heard, turning behind herself and seeing Connie behind her with two other cadets, Christa and Ymir. "Woah! What the hell happened to you?!"

"I can't say for sure. Where's Armin?" Madison asked, Connie pointing to a building a few rows down. "I heard him over that way. We were just heading there!"

"Good. Let's go."

"Hey, hey! Hold on! Where did you go after the Colossal Titan disappeared?! You just completely vanished!" Connie exclaimed, Madison pausing in her tracks and looking back at him with confusion. "I...don't know. I don't remember anything except waking up and just.."

Madison looked away, trying to remember what happened to her. She did remember fighting off the Colossal Titan and nearly hitting the nape. But she didn't remember anything after that, only waking up and was blood thirsty for Titans. Like she saw red upon waking up.

"Guys! Now's not the time! We have to go find Armin!" Christa reminded, Madison snapping out of her thoughts and created a red line. "Yeah, come on."

"Woah! How are you doing that?!" Connie called, Madison landing on the rooftop across from them and her eyes grew wide. She looked down at herself, seeing the burns on her body and black veins sprouting from her legs up. "Shit..I guess there's no hiding it now. No time to explain! We have to get to Armin!"
--
"Armin! Are you okay?!" Madison shouted, running along the rooftop and crashed into him, hugging him tightly. "Armin! Talk to me, what happened?!"

Madison pulled away, seeing Armin's head remained down, tears pooling down his face and his eyes struck with terror, agony, and hopelessness. She knew that look all too well. It was the same look her father always wore coming back from expeditions.

"Armin? What happened? Where is everyone? Where's Eren?" Madison asked, Armin's eyes widening even more, if it was possible. His blue eyes slowly trailed up to meet Madison's now red ones and tears now running like a river out of his eyes.

"Armin-"

"DAMN IT! DAMN!" Armin screamed, bang his fist against the roof, Madison grabbing his arm to stop him from hurting himself. "WHY DID I LET THIS HAPPEN?! WHY?! GOD!"

"Armin! Stop!" Madison exclaimed when Armin tried to rip out of her grip. But, it was no use. Madison was a bit stronger than him so fighting her was no use to him. "I should have..I should have done something..I.."

"Isn't it obvious, Snow?" Madison heard Ymir say, the girl looking back to the older teen. "Everyone's dead and he's the only one left."

"No..no, that's not true.." Madison mumbled, looking from her to Armin, seeing that he was now sobbing quietly. "Armin..don't tell me.."

"HE'S DEAD! DAMN IT, EREN'S DEAD, MADDIE! HE'S NOT COMING BACK!" Armin screamed, gripping his hair and sobbing loudly. Madison froze in place, her eyes wide and her heart feeling as if it was being ripped from her chest. She stared at Armin, her head slowly shaking, not wanting to believe her best friend was gone. She couldn't. He was so ambitious about killing Titans and hoping becoming a Scout, she couldn't believe he went down that easily.

But it could have been the reason he got killed. He was probably reckless and it blinded him into death.

"GO AHEAD! SCREAM AT ME, MADDIE! I'M THE REASON HE DIED! I'M THE REASON HE ISN'T HERE RIGHT NOW! HE PROTECTED ME AND GOT KILLED FOR IT! SO BLAME ME, DAMN IT!" Armin cried out, gripping tightly at Madison's burned jacket. Instead of screaming at him to shut up like she normally did, she just wrapped her arms around him, tears streaming down her face and began to sob quietly while gripping at his jacket.