46 | DOPPELGANGER OR NOT?

Start from the beginning

"Hey, Colt," Daisy says, "Get her laid with some guy. She needs to chill."

Colt laughs, loudly, and I roll my eyes. "Shut up, Cooper," I say to her.

"You see, I came here for that purpose, really." Colt grins and looks at me. "We are going to Ricky's Diner."

"She will get laid, there?" Daisy asks him, excitedly.

"No." Colt gives her a look. "I meant about the chill part."

"Oh." Daisy slumps her shoulders.

"Colt." I groan. "I don't wanna go."

"Yeah, and that's why you need to go," Colt says to me, giving me a firm look.

Daisy asks, "Your packing is done, right?"

"Yeah, but—"

"Dance practice done, right?"

"But—"

"Colt, take her away."

"As you say, Daisy." Daisy and Colt share a grin.

"So, Iris, go and enjoy, and please, chill for the night." With that, she ends the call, and Colt grins at me.

"Let's go! Everyone's waiting."

***

"By everyone, did you mean the whole school?" I ask Colt, just as we enter the diner.

The diner is filled with students from our school and by the looks of it, the staff is having the day of their working days. Especially with open mic night today, everyone is really enjoying themselves.

"Well, this is a big turnout. I didn't know so many would come." Colt says to me as we go towards where the gang is. They are sitting with two tables merged. Nearest to the window, Caleb is sitting. Going clockwise, next are Tom, Nick, Michael, Alyssa, and Victoria.

"Sis!" Caleb yells out as Colt and I sit in the empty spaces. "You came!"

"Obviously, this is a gang hangout thing," Nick states, eating his wrap.

"You know we should name our gang," Michael says, cleaning his lips with his hands to get off the ketchup.

Alyssa makes a face at him. "No, thanks. We are fine like this."

"Exactly. We don't need more Scooby Dooby and the group in this world." Victoria says, shrugging.

"Or the Mean Girls trio—oh wait, we already have them." Tom looks at us, girls.

"Shut up." Three of us say, together.

I stand up, saying, "Any-hoo, I will be going to the counter to get a drink. You, guys, want anything?"

"Iced tea," Victoria says, smiling.

"Make that two," Colt says, points two fingers at me.

"Make that three." Caleb inputs in.

"Fries!" Michael says.

"Cheeseburgers!" Tom says.

"Make that two," Alyssa says.

"And coffee!" Nick says to me, smiling.

"Anything more, your highnesses?" I ask them, raising my eyebrow.

"Nope," All of them say.

"Good because you ain't getting any of that," I say to them, smiling sweetly. As they groan in protest, I go towards the counter, saving myself from the crowd.