Chapter- XXVIII

Matt introduced the new Security Consultant,"Rose this is Arthur Roy, the guy my security team had been chasing to come work with us since quite some time and it's a happy co-incidence he was available now."

"His jobs are so discreet no one except him can tell you about them but he won't, confidentiality, NDA, what-not!!"

"Is that right, Mr. Arthur?!" Rose asked stressing the word Arthur for a second too long.

The handshake they shared felt like both were testing each other's hold.

After a few seconds both let go and had the most formal indifferent expressions on their faces.

For a second Matt thought they knew each other but he thought it was all the disappointment so far which was making Rose doubt anyone and everyone.

"Mr. Flinthart, you may rest assured Miss Tyler is now my responsibility even more than you now. I believe she's in the centre of it all?!" Arthur asked eyeing Rose.

While looking at Arthur's face, Rose's phone dropped from her hand at the statement right on Arthur's foot making his face go red for a moment with pain but he picked and returned her phone in a gentlemanly manner.

"Do you really think am the cause of this mess?" asked Rose looking pointedly at Arthur. One could see her jaws overworking with anger.

"Am just confirming reference points." Arthur responded plainly.

"We don't have any information in addition to what's already been shared with you by both of our teams." Matt responded trying to stop the escalating atmosphere ,"which is where you come in, Mr. Roy."

"Please call me Arthur." Arthur responded looking at both Matt and Rose professionally adding, "I'd like to have a word with Miss Rose alone to know her point of view too in this situation."

Matt responded with some reserve, "If she's okay with it, definitely." and moved to the study to speak with Robert.

Arthur and Rose moved to the balconies overhead to get an audience-less conversation. No sooner had Rose turned to face Arthur than a mean punch landed on Arthur's jaw, "So you think am the reason behind this mess?!" hooking her arm around Arthur's neck.

"Rosey, Rosey, let go. Is this the welcome I get for putting aside my professional standards and swooping in to check on my favourite sister?!"

"Am your only sister!!" Rose gritted through her teeth tightening her grip.

"Your grip has gotten stronger!! The training with Soph is paying off!!" Roger Thomas Tyler managed to say between coughs and restricting breath.

"But am still the best!!", with that he grabbed Rose's waist and pulled his throat free pushing her to the ground, straddling her and holding her hands above.

"Haha!!" His laugh was barely out of his mouth when Rose gave him a head-butt which made his grip weaken on her hands, punching and grabbing his throat again Rose threw him down and was straddling him when Matt ran in with a revolver pointed at Arthur.

"Let go of her before you end up losing an organ or two."

If Rose and Arthur were not tangled throughout the interaction, Matt would've taken a shot.

"Easy does it!! Get up!! I was surprised when after years of chasing you agreed now to come work for me. I was suspicious when you wanted to speak with Rose alone."

Looking at Rose, Matt said, "Am really sorry you had to experience this! Are you okay?"

"Move away from him we'll take it up from here!!" Matt directed Rose.