Chapter 23- Back Home

Y/N

I left the hotel early in the morning. I felt revived after sleeping and ready to go home. I hated driving to begin with and on top of that, it was still Lou's car. I didn't want to be in it anymore. I drove to Lou's house in the city and dropped it off without saying anything and quietly, so if she did go home, she wouldn't have heard or seen me.

I got a cab and went to my house. I was actually excited to be home. To be back in my room, in my bed where I would be left alone. The only thing was that I was alone, I didn't have Lou with me. And from the short time that I have known her, she had made her way through my house. She's slept in my bed, on my couch. She knew her way around and she would always be in my mind when I was at home.

I got out of the cab and was hit with the strong, cold winds of New York. Lou's motorcycle was parked out front. I pondered if I should even go in or just leave to go somewhere else. I stood in front of the door for a while before Lou opened the door. How did she even get in? I never gave her a key.

"Will you talk to me now?" Her facial expressions were so small and quaint. Her eyebrows lifted innocently and her voice was low and sincere.

"Ok." I walked in not looking at her face and went to the kitchen. I was hungry since I never grabbed any food from the hotel.

"You weren't here last night, where did you go?" Lou was acting like my parents and she was in no place to ask me questions. I was irritated and angry, but I was still sad over all my other emotions.

"How did you get into my house?" I wasn't planning on answering her question.

"I picked the lock." Her tongue went into the side of her mouth, suppressing a grin that was coming onto her face. "I hope you don't mind." I just rolled my eyes and got out a box of cereal.

"Anyways, I want to explain what happened. I did not want Debbie to even come by, let alone invite herself inside." She waited for me to say something, but I kept quiet. I looked into my bowl as I ate, only seeing her out of the corner of my eye. She was wearing the same clothes as the day before, meaning she probably stayed the night at my house. It was sweet that she cared so much, but it didn't excuse what had happened. It didn't excuse Debbie.

"I told Debbie not to interrupt our time together and she never listens. I mean, it was nice of her to send us a job to do, but she could've stopped at that-" Lou was rambling on.

"Debbie sent you the job. The cat. Debbie knew." I interrupted her and it broke me to know that Debbie had been involved in our relationship when I wasn't aware of it.

"Yes, but she didn't know that I would ask you to help me and she didn't think that I was really in love with you. But I am." She sat down next to me and grabbed my hand. I didn't know what to do. "I understand that you're upset with me and I would be too" She continued. "I just want you to know that Debbie can be very difficult sometimes but that doesn't mean that I'll ever stop loving you."

"Do you love her?" I was about to cry again and I hated myself for that.

"I do, but I love her in a different way." She paused and took a deep breath. " I'll always love you more."

"She'll always be there though."

"I've known Debbie for a long time, but that doesn't mean that it will get in the way of our relationship." Lou looked so sad, it was difficult to see her this way, but she had also hurt me.

"I just don't want to constantly compete with Debbie for you." I was fucking tearing up again. It was time for me to leave, but this was my own house. I have to be the one to leave though, Lou wouldn't just leave unless I yelled at her. I didn't want to yell.

"You don't have to. I want to be with you. Not Debbie. Not anyone else." Lou leaned in closer to me and I could feel her eyes locked onto my face.

"I can't right now. I have to go." I quickly got up and set my bowl in the sink, not rinsing it, and went for the door. I opened it partly before Lou shut it from behind me. "Let me go Lou" My voice was shaky. "I left your car at your house. Your keys are by the door."

"I don't give a fuck about the car Y/N." She let out a small smile trying to lighten the mood, but it faded back to seriousness immediately after. "Do you want to end this?" Her blue eyes were large and glassy, filling with water that was about to spill over the edge.

"I don't know." All I ever wanted was to be with Lou, but I don't think my heart can handle it right now.

"Can we at least talk later?" Her eyes were searching my face for an answer or a clue to the thoughts that were swirling in my head.

"I don't know."

I opened the door and left suddenly so Lou couldn't stop me again. I got into my car and drove around the block. It wasn't quite time to meet Tammy yet, so I just sat in my car and ran through each word that was said by both of us. I looked at my phone and saw I had gotten a text from the person I wanted to talk to the least. All it said was...

Debbie: You win