"Hmm, maybe later."

You then winked, leaving him flustered as you enjoy the sight of his bewildered face with a small tint of red on his cheeks.

As the door closed, Ash was left alone and the tabs in his head opened. With a sigh, he let himself lay down the bed, closing his eyes just so he can hear his own thoughts clearer. His mind that used to be focused on surviving was now filled with you, surviving with you. It has definitely been a long time since Ash had a serious relationship, considering how the last one ended up, Ash worries of your well-being since you are now definitely a target being both his strength and weakness.

Often times, he did thought about rejecting you back then or sending you away so no one could ever reach you but that would include him as well. He was contradicting his morals, wanting to lock you up just so you can't ever leave him but also wanting you to push you away, away from him as he is very aware that being with his raises several death flags.

There's also this sense of inferiority that he can't help but feel as he thinks you deserve better than someone unstable as him.

Ash is afraid of loving and being loved by you.

The door opened with a slam, making him sit up abruptly. There, the two of you stood with a sheepish grin, and suddenly, all his thoughts turned off. Your mouth opened to say something but Ash couldn't really hear it but you gestured towards the tray with a burnt toast and it clicked in his head that you were apologizing.

You placed the toast in his mouth, giving him a taste but no reaction was given. He stayed still, with the bread hanging off his mouth.

"Ash, are you okay?" You sat in front of him, tucking his blonde locks behind his ears as it was getting in the way of his sight. The ringing in his ear deafened at the sound of your voice. He leaned his head against the palm of your hand, before turning against it to place a small peck as his hand covered yours.

God please, just let me have this one.

With the comfort of your touch, Ash began to doze off as his eyes shut open. You quickly guided him back to his bed, as gentle as you possibly can to avoid any form of discomfort.

You then placed the bread he took a bite off on your tray as you turned to Eiji standing at the doorway.

"I think he's broken."

"Shit."

—--—

You turned to your side with a sigh, you have been trying to fall asleep for quite some time, tossing and turning ever so often as you sought out that comfortable position that can lull you to sleep in an instant. With Eiji's light snoring and Ash's patterned breaths in the background, you clicked your tongue and sat up. Reaching out for your new phone, thanks to Ash and his men, you groaned both at the sudden brightness emitted by the screen and at the time.

It was 2:00 AM.

As you massaged your temples, relieving yourself off from the headache caused by sleep deprivation, your gaze fell towards the man beside you. Your fingers ghosted over his sprawled hair, you often wondered how different it would look if he cut his hair a b it shorter. You smiled, Ash has never looked this peaceful. With the current situation though, he carries such a huge burden, its almost impossible not to stay as calm and orderly as he is. Letting his guard down can lead to many possibilities that's not in favor for them in any way.