𝐓𝐞𝐧

» [Lorde - Royals] «
❝ We don't care, we're driving Cadillacs in our dreams ❞

" Ms. Chapelle. " The captain greeted. I nodded at him, stepping on the boat. It swayed slightly. The fresh scent of the ocean enveloped my nose. I sighed in content. It was nice to be back here.

" I could use a beach day. " Josie said taking off her sunglasses. I rolled my eyes at her. " Let me know when you ladies are ready to leave. " He bowed, walking away.

I grabbed Josie's hand, pulling her up to the deck where a bottle of champagne awaited us.

" Time to take a trip down memory lane! " I announced, sitting on a chair. A wide grin formed on her face.

" I didn't know you still had that! " She gasped, sitting next to me. It was a book filled with pictures of us. When we first met, till this day.

When Josie moved from America to France, she thought she had lost the book at the airport because we couldn't find it. Luckily, I found it stashed at the bottom of her suitcase.

Since then, I kept adding photos of us without her knowing. My little surprise.

Pouring out the champagne for us, I grabbed the book opening it. The first picture was when we met.

It showed eighteen-year-old us in our graduation fits. Josie laughed throwing her head back.

" I can't believe we didn't like it each other back then. " I smiled. The second was a picture of us with some friends. It was the first time we hang out after graduation, that was when our friendship blossomed. From that day on we were inseparable.

She even moved from America to France for me.

" THIS WAS WHEN YOU PUKED ON ME! " Josie screamed looking at a photo of us about to enter a rollercoaster ride. In the photo, I looked terrified.

Mumbling, I flicked her off quickly turning the page. I do not need to be reminded of my embarrassing times.

We spent a while looking through the book and bringing up old memories. Josie even cried when she found out I was still adding pictures to it.

Now it was time for the jet ski. My hands were sweating profusely. I swallowed slipping on my life vest. I was a nervous wreck.

Josie bounced excitedly. We were close to a deserted island. The water was a beautiful color of green mixed with blue, but you never know what was hiding in it.

I walked down the small steps, trying to calm my breathing. It will all be fine.

" Pull this to control the speed. " James, the instructor said pointing to the lever. We both nodded.

" And use the handlebars to steer. Remember, you need the power to steer. " He said sternly. Josie nodded letting out a squeal of excitement.

The familiar feeling of adrenaline pumped through my body. I was seriously beginning to regret this.

" You ladies have fun. " He smiled stepping aside. Josie was the first the launch herself onto a jet ski. There were three. One for Josie and me and the last one for James.

He was going to be there in case something happened to either of us.

I really hoped there were no sharks here.

With shaky legs I climbed on the jet ski, the material rubbing against my bare skin. Placing my hands on the handlebar, I made myself more comfortable.