TAKE 17 - Coconut & Marshmallows

Start from the beginning

5 days Later

3rd April,2019 – London

Lord's Cricket Ground

8:55PM

Khushi's POV

Yes.

Yes.

Freaking.

Yessssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guys.

I am so freaking Happy right now.Oh Wait. Honest Correction needed in there for I am not just Happy. I am Euphoric. Simply Euphoric.I was transported into the very state of Elated Euphoria within - the very second – that cover drive – off Ved's bat – hit the boundary ropes in a successful Four leading the Umpire to signal the same and confirm – India's victory in this 2nd T20 of the Series – and I spotted Arnav rush to the field in sheer glee along with the rest of his team – to bask in the celebrations – five minutes ago.

And the Euphoria within me has only deepened more as I continue to take in the sight off Arnav on field right now. He's freaking stoked in sheer glee just like the rest of their unit – given that it was kind off important for India to win this game to keep their chances of winning the T20 series alive because we – as in our England unit – won the first T20 game at Old Trafford in Manchester on 1st(two days ago) – by 3 wickets in a nail biting thriller – that went to the last ball of the game. For the winning one run for us – had come on the very last ball – then.

So – if we had won this one too – the fate of the T20 series would have been sealed.We would have clinched it 2-0 with just one more game to go! But – guys – call me a gaming traitor if you want – but I can't help but say this out in my head right now.

Say what?

For Christs Sake – I am so freaking glad that we didn't win this one too – obviously!!

And that - They Wonnnnnnnnnnnn!

They freaking won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok.

So just a context into the current game - India chased the mammoth target off 190 runs to victory in 19 Overs with six balls still remaining and this victory of theirs is huge too given that they won by Nine Wickets.

Yup.

You read that right guy's. Their top order batsmen – that would be Sameer, Raunak and Ved – finished the job for the unit with still 6 balls remaining. Sameer and Raunak put up a brilliant opening partnership off 80 runs to start with. It was freaking explosive -their batting. They were 80- 1 in just 8 freaking overs. Sameer was being the aggressive one first in that partnership for he literally fired up an explosive – 50 runs in that number. Raunak was steadying him on the other end by alternating in between playing some boundaries in the middle too. And given that the opening partnership had put them in such a great position – it was like when Ved came in to bat – things just got even more super entertaining from there on – given the way Raunak and Ved decided to go about their game today.They both just finished – Not Out at level scores of 70 each too!(A reason – why everyone from their unit including My Arnav – still won't stop jumping on top of the Two in Glee.)