Yang Xiao Long X Blake Belladonna: Rekindle

Start from the beginning

Weiss looked at the team leader in nothing, but confusion. "When did he-" Weiss asked until Ruby tilted her head towards Yang then Blake making Weiss catch on. "Oh yeah! Now I remember! Come on, let's go!" Weiss said.

The two then quickly left the room, despite Yang's protest leaving the lovers(?) to themselves. Both of them were dead silent as they hoped the other would speak first. After what felt like an hour, but was just two minutes, Yang spoke up. "Why? Why did you leave?" Yang asked.

Blake took a moment to think her next words carefully because she knew whatever she would say Yang would be mad. "Because... I was scared." Blake said. Yang sat down as she continued to glare at the cat Faunus. "Care to elaborate." Yang spat out.

"Scared?! Scared of what?!" Yang yelled, turning back to her with her eyes turning red and her hair blazing up. "I was scared of you all hating me." Blake said, quietly even though Yang screamed so loud everyone in the house could hear her.

Yang stopped her hair from acting like a bonfire and calmed down to look at her teammate in confusion. "What? Why would you think that?" Yang asked. Blake sighed and put her hands on her chest, where her heart would be. "Yang I haven't exactly lived a peaceful life. Most of my life I was part of the White Fang. A group of Faunus who tried to make things fair for their race peacefully until a change in command. With me being with them for so long I was worried you would associate me with them as I knew some of the people back at Beacon who attacked." Blake said.

Yang slammed her hands against the table breaking in to then stand up and look at her reunited partner. "Why?! Didn't we tell you we didn't care about your past?! Didn't we tell you that we still accept you?!" Yang asked, shouted. Blake couldn't argue with that as Yang was right. Blake let her insecurities get the better of her and now she had to pay the consequences for leaving her team and friends.

Yang scoffed from the cat-eared girl's lack of response to her commitment and walked away. Seeing there was no longer any point to this Yang moved towards the door and slid it open before one more acknowledgment towards Blake.

"You may have thought you were being selfless by leaving us, but really you were being selfish about thinking of only your feelings instead of ours." Yang said. She then left the room and closed the door behind her. Once no one else was in the room Blake began to break down and cry.

Her vision was all blurry as she didn't even wipe the tears away, seeing this as her punishment, because Yang was right. Sure when she left she did so because she swore it would protect her friends, but she didn't think if they still wanted to be with her or how'd they feel about her leaving.

XXX Time Skip XXX

Despite knowing that Yang didn't want to talk with her, Blake tried to at least sit next to her and hoped to try to get forgiveness on their trip to Argus. Unfortunately, it seemed fate wouldn't allow that as everything went bad and they didn't have much time to bond. First they were stranded on snowy mountains with a nearby storm, then they learned the truth of Ozpin and Salem, then they found a town with a certain Grimm making them nearly give up their lives.

When they finally got to Argus it didn't get better with them unable to get to Atlas, Oscar went missing for a short time, and when they had a plan to get to Atlas it all went wrong when Adam came and ruined things. What was even worse was that the fight led to Blake and Yang having to fight for their lives, but fortunately they lived.

After that it seemed the universe decided to give the heroes a break and let them receive a ride to get them to Atlas. So, that was what led up to Blake sitting in the cargo hold of the Atlas ship they comondered, alone. She couldn't bear sitting across or even having slight eye contact with Yang in fear that the hot tempered blond with glare even more daggers at her.

As she was sitting down just staring at the floor she heard footsteps come her way, making her sigh as she wasn't in a talkative mood givened what happened the past few days. "Can you just leave me alone?" Blake asked not even bothering to look up and see who it was. "Why? So, you could keep staring at the floor?" The person said who Blake quickly recognized the voice before the person even finished their first word.

She looked up to see Yang standing there with her robot hand on her hip giving a small smile. "I know the floor looks good, but I'm sure a window beats that by a mile." Yang said as she walked to the front of Blake before sitting down across the cat girl. "What are you doing down here?" Blake asked. "Well I guess you were lonely, so I decided to grace you with my presence." Yang joked.

Blake didn't know how to respond to that as she would have assumed Yang still held anger towards the sight of her. Yang sighed, noticing how hesitant, dumbfounded, and anxious her teammate seemed by her presence and how she was acting. Yang wouldn't blame her given their last real conversation ended with Yang leaving Blake in that kitchen.

Blake looked away, unable to look her in the eyes and see another fierce glare, which made Yang frown and see she should get to the point of this conversation. "You know I think everyone can agree that it has been crazy these last couple of days. We nearly died a couple times. And during those times, no matter how much I tried to focus on the fight one question kept entering my mind. 'Is Blake alright?' " Yang said, which pulled in the cat Faunus' attention.

The once bow-wearing girl slowly turned her head towards Yang, after hearing that statement, which made her eyes go wide open hearing it. Yang smiled, seeing she grabbed her partner's attention and continued speaking her mind. "Blake, I know you didn't mean to hurt me and I know you are sorry and want to make it up. Believe me I wish I could accept and let bygones be bygones, but it just isn't that easy." Yang said as she slowly began to frown as much as Blake.

"Yang I-" Blake tried to say, scooting closer before she was cut off. "And yet still I miss you. I miss... us, together." Yang said. Those memories and the time she spent with Blake was special for Yang. There were some of the best moments of her life.

She was always the type of girl who liked to mess around and find the most dangerous she can do to have fun as it helps the thrill seeker side of her. Never would she imagine she would have fallen for someone who was practically the opposite of her. Someone who has such a different life and interests.

Blake was the type of person who likes quiet time to read a book while Yang would play loud rock music when it is quiet. The only thing that really comes to mind with similarities between the two is that they go to the same school, are on the same team, and both want to be huntresses. "So what are you saying?" Blake asked.

"I want to try again, try us again." Yang said, making Blake feel her eyes water up from slight tears of joy. "I want that too." Blake said, as her voice started cracking, but still had a happy smile on her face. Yang was infected by the smile and wrapped her arms around Blake to bring her in for a hug. "Is it OK if we start off things slowly? I don't want to rush back into this so quickly." Yang said. "Is hand holding OK?" Blake asked as her tears trailed down her face and fell on Yang's jaket. " Yeah." Yang said.

The two of them stood up as Blake wiped her remaining tears with her arm and then held her hand out for Yang who took it. The girls interlocked their fingers and then went to the upper level of the ship to sit with the others and tell them the news. While it will take time for the couple to have the same spark they once had, it didn't feel like it would be too long until then.