chapter one: welcome to hell (harpers pov)

My family was never much of a loving kind. All the shit we've gone through hasn't been easy. Every summers the fucking same, I start some trouble and they send me off to somewhere new. It's ether my grandmas, summer school, a zoo for fucking christ sake, and this time a camp. Camp Campbell to be exact. I'd be there for all the summer, though to be fair it's an art camp. Which I do like art, though I expect all the kids to be losers. But it's just one summer I have to get through. Hopefully after this i'll never return.

𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚘𝚏 𝚜𝚞𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚛:

My alarm woke me up at 8. I packed all my shit and went to say bye to my parents, but they left the house to go shopping. So I guess i'd say goodbye to myself. I took one look in the mirror reflecting a 5'4 brown haired girl, with grey sweatpants and a tight black shirt. I walked over to the big yellow bus waiting at my house. I only saw about ten kids on the bus, all I had no interest talking to. I plugged in my headphones and waited out the whole car ride. When we got to the camp I saw a tall red haired man waiting for us. When the door opened I walked out and immediately he came up to shake my hand.

"Hello there fellow camper!"

He said optimistically.

"Uh, hey." I replied.

"I am SOOO excited to introduce you to our camp, and most of all your new camp friends! Why don't we all go around in a circle and say our names and one fun fact?"

"Woah woah right now?" I ask raising an eyebrow. "I  haven't even gotten off this damn bus."

The other campers on the bus all walked off to there tents. I attempted to join them but david stopped me in the chest with a smile. I scoff looking up at him. 

"Well, harper we are going to just do it for you! since they all practiced."

I peered behind David to reveal only three kids waiting for me. One was a blue haired girl playing with sticks. One was a tall boy staring at the sky. And another was a curly haired boy, with a smirk on his face and his arms crossed.

"Well, Nikki why don't you go first?" David said clapping his hands together. "Hey, i'm nikki and one fun fact is I can make a person out of sticks. Look I made one of you!" She showed me two sticks stuck together. It looked like fucking nothing. I didn't say anything, but David looked at me like I should so I said, "Mkay, cool." Shrugging.

Every time I looked the curly haired boy was staring at me. Mostly at my boobs, but still.

"Uh hey i'm Neil. One fun fact is that I thought this was a science camp but it turns out it's um not?" I get up from leaning on the bus. "Wait isn't this an art camp?" I ask confused. "No dumb ass. It's not any of those things." The curly haired boy says with confidence. "Hey, i'm Max. And my fun fact is that this camp fucking sucks."

David started to sweat. "Well, this has been, FUN! But now I think it's time for daily activities so let's go show Harper!" David started pushing me away from the bus. The curly haired boy whispered to me, "Get out while you still can." Something tells me this won't be fun.