Prologue

Throughout your life you have always been fascinated with the unknown.

As each day passed by, you spent the time learning new things about this magical world and implemented them into your own life. You learned about different foods, creatures, cultures, weapons, fighting styles; but above all, you learned about different herbs and medicines.

When you were five you realized the harsh reality of your usual heartfelt family. Your loving and caring mother who supported you suffered greatly from an illness that was consuming her throughout her life. Your lovable father who encouraged your curiosity and taught you various lessons was in debt due to the medicine he needed to help your mother.

After learning this truth, you spent all the free time you had on learning about different herbs and their healing properties so you can help your family in some way.

As the years went by, your family struggled more and more. However, the situation did not stop your parents from supporting you through your journey. That was until your 12th birthday...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The aromas of different flowers around you filled your senses as you cut their stems and placed them in a weaved basket beside you.

After a couple of minutes, you found yourself with a basket filled with a colorful bouquet of herbs and flowers.

"That should be enough for today..." You smiled with contempt as you stood up and brushed of your dress off.

No matter what day it was, each morning you would walk out to the nearby forest and gather different plants that you have either never seen before, or that you used on a daily basis.

At first this was just a curiosity of yours, but as you learned more about herbalism it became more of a hobby than a thought.

As you gathered up your belongings and began to make your way back to your small, yet wonderful village, you suddenly heard the sound of vast footsteps approaching you quickly.

You turned your gaze to see a frantic young boy in front of you. He leaned over has he gasped for air before looking up with a worried gaze.

"It's your mother!"

With those simple words, you and the boy sprinted back to the village straight into your small wooden house.

You swung the door open, quickly placing the basket of herbs and flowers on the table, some spilling onto the table due to less delicate landing it received.

You swiftly opened the door to your parents' room to see your father holding your mother's pale hand that was attached to her sickly body.

"Mom!" You ran to your mother's side in a panic. Her eyes were halfway open and by the look of it, she was fighting the urge to close them.

"(Y/N) ..." Your mother's voice was quiet and hoarse. You have seen the effects of her illness multiple times, but nothing on this scale. Her skin was pale and dark circles were forming underneath her eyes. With each breath she took you could tell that she was having trouble.

"Mom, hang in there! I gathered some new herbs today, I could-!" Before you could finish your sentence, you felt your mother's cold hand on your cheek.

"It's alright...this was bound to happen sooner or later." Even though she was on her deathbed, the warm smile she always showed remained on face.

Your chest tightened at the sight as tears started to flow down your face. The realization hit you like a brick to the face. You would have never thought of loosing the very woman that loved you more than anyone in this world, yet here it is.