Chapter 37

TWs: homophobia
George Pov
I went to go to the store and was going trough the shelves, when someone bumped into me.

"Go to hell you faggot.", the girl snarled at me and walked away. At this point I was kind of used to all the homophobic comments, it wasn't nice and not pleasant, but I was not that bothered anymore.

I picked up a packet of spaghetti and a carton of tomato sauce, then I also got some popcorn  before heading to the cashier.

I was waiting in line and after a few minutes I payed for the stuff and left the store. I was walking home, when I passed by Clay's house I heard shouting from an open window, it wasn't Clay who was shouting but his mum.

I stopped for a bit to maybe figure out what she was shouting at Clay for, but alas I couldn't figure it out. I was going to ask Clay later, or would it ruin the mood? Maybe it was better if I didn't.

I walked home and opened the door and put all the stuff on the counter. I saw my parents sitting on the couch and my mum looked at me.

'Hey George do you want to come over?', she asked me and I nodded going over to the livingroom and sitting down on the couch next to my parents.

'So I know it won't be easy talking about this George and we decided to leave you a bit of time until we would bring this up again', my mum said. I knew what they where going to talk about.

I just answered with an 'mhm' and looked at my hands.

'George, we know that it's really not easy to talk about this but we have also noticed that you have been doing a lot better since you tried to...', I saw tears starting to fill her eyes.

'Mum, don't worry. I've been doing a lot better and I know this might sound weird but Clay has helped me feel a lot better just about myself', I smiled and my mum nodded. I agnolyged the fact they let me some time before bringing this topic up again.

'But George, just know, you can always talk to us about anything and everything, we support you and we love you' , my dad said and I just nodded silently.

They hugged me and then we just sat there in akward silence.

'Uhm, anyway I'm gonna get everything ready for later', I said and stood up, making my way to the counter. I grabbed the tomato sauce and put it in the fridge. I quickly went upstairs and started to tidy up my room.

After some time I heard the doorbell ring and I quickly went downstairs opening the door.

Clay was standing in the doorway with a big bouquet of colourful flowers (we will forget that he is colourblind).

'Hey George, I um bought these for you're, he said with red checks.

'Thank you Clay, you really didn't have to do this but I love them', I said and took the flowers.

He went inside the house and put his jacket on the hook next to the door.

I went into the kitchen and got a big glass of water, filling it with water.

'Do you want to go upstairs?', I asked and he nodded smiling.

We went upstairs and I placed the flowers on my desk, smiling when I looked at them.

'Thank you again Clay, I really like them.', I smiled and felt my face turn a bright red.

'I'm glad you like them', Clay smiled and I saw him turn even more red.

'But I like you even more', I smiled and hugged him tightly. I felt him immediately return the gesture and I leaned my head against his chest.

We tumbled back onto the bed and just lied there in each others arms.

I felt so comfortable in his arms, my stomach felt like it was about to explode and my face felt like it was on fire.

He suddenly lifted my chin up with his hand and looked at me, cupping my face. I felt my face getting even more red and I just smiled as he leaned in, connecting our lips.

The kiss was passionate and I rapped my hands around his waist and deepened the kiss.

It wasn't a long kiss, but I loved it. When we broke apart I looked at him with bright red checks and I cuddled up again.

'I love you Georgie', he said and I smiled at the nickname. I nodded and lied against him.

'So, what do you do on a date?', I asked laughing.

'I don't know, I've never been on one', Clay laughed and we both cuddled up together again.

Time passed quickly and we just lived there talking. Soon enough it was evening and I decided it was probably time to make something to eat.

'Hey I'm gonna make something to eat', I smiled and got up.

'Wait, I can help', Clay laughed and also got up. I went down the stairs and he followed me. My mum was sitting on the couch drinking some tea when we came downstairs.

'Hello loverbirds', she laughed and I got a bit nervous.

'Hey mum', I laughed awkwardly.

'Hello', Clay said and smiled.

We went into the kitchen and we started to cook the pasta and made the tomato sauce.

After 20 minutes the food was ready and we started down at the table. I sat right next to Clay and we started eating.

'It tastes really really nice George, we are amazing chef's ', Clay laughed and I also started laughing.

We ate the pasta and within a quarter of an hour and after that we cleaned all of the plates and cutlery into the dishwasher.

I quickly walked over to the livingroom where my mum was still sitting.

'Hey mum, there's still some pasta left over if you want some later', I said and saw her smile.

'Thanks George I'll have some later', she smiled and I nodded.

I went back to the kitchen, where Clay was just clearing away the rest of the stuff.