Chapter 16

TWs : violence, blood
Clay Pov
I woke up the next morning. I rubbed my eyes, my head was hurting. I had such a bad dream, I couldn't remember all of it. But it had something to do with the picture of George and I knew it was a bad dream.

I slowly got out of bed. Packing my school stuff and going to the bathroom. I looked in the mirror. My dirty blond hair where messy and I was still very sleepy.

I splashed some cold water into my fsce, brushed my theeth and did my hair.

I went back to my room and got dressed. I decided to wear a few rings today, as I realy liked them and I just bought them a few days ago. After that I made my way downstairs, dragging my schoolbag behind me. My mind drifted off, back to the photo of George that Sam showed me yesterday.

For one second I was shocked, I didn't know what to do. George was hurt? He didn't even tell me. Well he couldn't tell me in a way. But still. I was shocked. But after that I started to laugh. I knew that I had to. Evendough I would have normaly started to tear up.

His beautiful face. It was so so beautiful but it looked to hurt.

It was hard fot me to realize, that that was why George wasn't in school that one day. Why he didn't show up. Because he was still hurt from Sam beating him up.

I brushed it off quickly and decided to eat something. I wasn't very hungry, but I still took a slice of bread and smeared some butter onto it.

I ate it up and got up. My mum was sitting on the couch and talking to her friend on the phone.

"Bye mum", I quickly said and waved at her.

She shortly looked at me and smiled. Then she turned back to the phone and continued to talk.

I opened the front door and went go my car. As soon as I arrived at Nick's house I got out of the car and rang the doorbell. He opened the door a second later and got outside.

"Hey Clay, good morning", he said smiling and got into the car.

"Morning", I said and smiled back.

We soon arrived at the school and I parked my car. My first class was history and Nick's was english, so we seperated and both went to our classes. I entered the classroom and starteled. George was sitting in the front row. He looked tired. I headed to the back of the class and sat down at a table and tried to concentrate on the class.

Which was very difficult. Despite the fact that I was constantly staring or thinking about George.

Evendough I loved to look at him. I hated it so much. I hated the way he was just sitting there. The way he was just so perfect, so beautiful. He didn't talk much during class. But the times he did, i would always catch myself drifting off into toughts.

I finally got cought back to reality, by the school bell ringing. I quickly got my bag and headed off to the cafeteria.

"Hey guys", i waved and sat down next to Dave.

"Hallo", Dave said in a deep tone.

We all started to laugh and so did Dave.

When we where all done with eating, ee talked for a little bit. Before We had to go to our next class. As a next class I had spanish, not very fun. Especially just because i wasn't that good at spanish.

Usually Alex would help me. But I rarely doupted, that Alex would help me of all people. He was propably the most protective over his friends, after me of course. He would stand up for them even get into fights with people, if it meant to stand up for a friend. He wouldn't help me anymore.

Spanish felt like literall hours, hours on hours on hours. I had quite a difficult time concentrating, as I was acctually very bad at Spanish.

After the school bell rang, I went back to the cafteteria. We all just chilled and talked. My last class went by surprisingly fats. But to be fair, chemistry was pretty interesting. I always quite liked the alchemy aspect of it and as we where doing that right now.

I quickly went to my lockers and put my books away, when I heard a slamming of a locker. Then a thud and a cry, followed by a slapping sound.

Seconds later i heard a voice.

"Hey whatcha doin there?"

then another voice answered.

"Oh, jus beating this gremlin up"

"Oh, lemme join in", i heard the second voice say. Followed by another slapping sound and sobbing.

I finally decided to turn the corner. I saw Dave and Nick standing in the corner of a hallway. George was lying on the floor, curled up in a ball. Crying.

"Oh, hey Clay.", Dave said and smiled.

"C- Clay...", George said with tears in his eyes.

"Oh shut up you gremlin" Nick said and hit him in the face again, causing the spot on Georges face to get a reddish blueshish tone.

"Wanna hit him too?", Dave asked me smiling.

I forced a smile onto my face. I couldnt let them know that I acctually didn't want to. I had to fit in. I had to.

I raised my hand slowly over Georges face.

"C- clay please", he said. Fear and tears in his eyes.

You have to do it. You have to. You have to.

And with that i threw my fist straigt into his face. Georges head flew backwards and hit the ground hard. To my shock, my hand was covered in blood, and so was Georges face.

FUCK I WAS WEARING THE FUCKING RINGS!

I wuickly noticed the very big prominent cut on his cheeck, caused by the rings on my hand.

"Nice job, now let's quickly go, before someone cathes us", Nick said, and we all ran outside.

Shit bouta go down