Turning around Joanna saw Sebastian standing next to the door, which caused her to go over to him and allow him to hug her against his body. Resting his chin shortly on her head, Sebastian let go of her after whispering in her ear that it was time to go. Leaving the Red Bul facility behind, Daniel realised that he had gone to far. The medallion had meant more to Joanna than he could have ever realised. It was never his attention to see Joanna like this. Yes, he wanted to hurt her and to anger her, but he never wanted her to cry because of him. 

The meeting was cut short after Ferrari's visit, which left the Red Bull team to leave the meetingroom one by one until only Max and Daniel were left. Christian had left after giving Daniel a disappointed look, while Helmut only seemed amused by all of it. 

"Have you now understood that the whole thing is getting out of hand? I don't understand why you're doing this." The Dutch said, before getting up as well. He wanted to leave Daniel, but the Aussie asked him to wait for a minute, causing the younger Red Bull driver to turn around again. Daniel was standing right in front of him, both hands buried in his pockets before he pulled out a neckless with a tiny silver medallion. 

"Give her that, would you?" The Aussie muttered, before resting the piece of jewelry in Max's offered palm. 

--------------

Getting into Ferrari was far easier than Max had expected it after such a situation, but nobody dared to even stop him for a moment. He could have simply walked in, got all their data, and left again, but he wouldn't think about that now. He reached the driver's room. While one door was open, the other was shut tightly, which caused Max to move to the closed door, about to knock, but Sebastian's voice behind him stopped the younger man. 

"Don't you think Red Bull has already done enough damage today?" He questioned, which caused Max to turn around. The German was leaning against his own doorway, looking unamused about Max's visit. 

"I'm not Daniel nor Red Bull." He told Sebastian while gripping the medallion which was hidden in his pocket tightly. 

"I won't take long." He added before he pushed Joanna's door open and walked in without a knock or another sound that would announce him. Closing the door behind him he turned the lock, so nobody would be able to disturb them. 

"What are you doing here?" Joanna asked him and at first, he didn't even see her sitting on the floor opposite from her couch. Her legs pulled up to her chest and her hands resting on top of her knees. She seemed so much younger like this. 

"Wanted to check on you." He muttered before crouching down in front of Joanna. 

"Maybe we can speak about us after the race, but for now, I've something else for you," Max said with a small smile before he got the medallion from his pocket and offered it to Joanna,  who looked at him, eyes widened, before reaching out to take it. 

"He's an idiot but he never meant to hurt you like this. Dan wanted to give it back after the race." Max told her, which caused Joanna to look up from the little piece of jewelry, but not reacting to what Max had just told her. She only moved forward to press her lips against Max's. The Dutch was taken back for a second before he kissed her back. It was sweet and innocent, but Max wouldn't complain. 

"Thank you, Max." She whispered while she rested one of her hands against his cheek, her other hand was resting against her heart and clutching onto the medallion tightly.

-------------

Right before a race would start, before they would drive the out-lap, there are some moments. They lasted no longer than a fraction of a second, but to Joanna, it always felt like hours. During this time, she closed her eyes and thought again of all the things she would banish from her consciousness for the next two hours during the race. She thought about her life to remind herself of what she was risking when she got into her car. A moment to think of the fallen and the danger that always stayed with her in the cockpit. One last moment to allow herself to be human before locking the fear and uncertainty into its tiny box. If she wouldn't do that, Joanna wasn't sure she could still do her job. It was simply part of her ritual before a race. Butting her hand over where she knew her medallion was hidden beneath. Fear retreated and gave room to courage and determination, even before she stepped on the accelerator for the very first time.