PART 04 OF HWF

Part 04

Y/N's POV 

Jungkook: Y/N?? What a pleasant surprise!!

I looked behind the lady and saw Jungkook coming down the stairs. 

Y/N: Jungkook!!

Mom: You both know each other?

Jungkook came and stood in front of everyone. 

Lady: And this is my son Jeon Jungkook but I didn't know that they both knew each other. 

Jungkook: Hello uncle. Hello aunty. Actually me and Y/N are friends. We are in the same class. 

Mom: Ohh you also go to Shinhwa High School? 

Mrs. Jeon: Yes. His best friend also attends that school, that's why he wanted to go there. But it's really nice to know that our kids already know each other.

Mom: Yes. Btw your son is really handsome too. 

They continued chatting while Jungkook was staring at me the whole time. But my mind was somewhere else. I was still stuck on the fact that I came 3rd and I don't know what punishment I would be getting this time. 

Mrs. Jeon: It's already time for dinner. Let's go, everyone. 

We all sat down on the table. I sat beside my mom and Jungkook sat right in front of me. The maids started bringing the food. And my eyes widened as I was not allowed to eat any of them. I looked at my mom. 

Mom: Just eat what I am gonna serve on your plate, okay? 

I nodded. The maids started serving food but when they came to me my mom stopped them. 

Mom: It's okay. I will give it to her. 

The maid bowed and left. Then my mom served me a small amount of food which Mrs. Jeon noticed. 

Mrs. Jeon: It's so little. Give her some more steak Mrs. Lee. 

Mom: It's okay Mrs. Jeon. She doesn't eat much. Plus she always eats salads for dinner so it's more than enough for her. Don't worry. 

Mrs. Jeon didn't say anything but she looked surprised. Same goes for Jungkook and his father. They exchanged some glances but I kept my eyes on my plate. 

Mr. Jeon: Okay so let's start. Enjoy everyone. 

Everyone started eating and chatting. I also sometimes listened and smiled. At one point our parents started talking about our studies. 

Mrs. Jeon: Ahh I forgot to tell you honey but Jungkook's result came out today. 

She told her husband and my breath stopped as soon as she mentioned the result. My parents still didn't know that Jungkook was the top student in our class.

Mr. Jeon: Oh really? What is it? 

Mrs. Jeon: He came first this time. 

My mom stopped cutting the steak and looked at me. My grip on the spoon became tighter. 

Mrs. Jeon: Y/N is also in the same class right? What's her result Mrs. Lee? 

My mom scoffed. 

Mom: Third. 

She said through gritted teeth and I could sense how angry she was. I looked at my dad and saw him shaking his head in dissatisfaction. I bit my lips to handle this situation. 

Mrs. Jeon: Wow, she did a good job. 

Mom: Good job? How can coming third be a good job? 

Mr. Jeon: That doesn't matter, Mrs. Lee. What matters is if your kid is actually learning or not. These positions are just to show the world.