Chapter Fifteen

Somehow I named chapter thirteen chapter eight. I can't even begin to understand how that happened but it did so I fixed it.

Kelly woke up to yelling.

"YOU LITTLE DEVIL!" shouted a girl's voice.

Kelly tried to remember where she was. Then it hit her. The stone. The magic. The alternate universe thing she was living in.

"YOU ALWAYS RUIN EVERYTHING! WHY CAN'T YOU GO BACK TO WHERE YOU CAME FROM!" shouted another voice.

"BECAUSE IT BURNED DOWN DUMMY!" the first voice said.

Kelly went over and opened her door. She saw Viola and Isadora yelling at each other, their faces red. Kelly now understood the phrase, "if looks could kill".

"AND THAT'S MY FAULT?" Viola shouted.

"YEAH! YOU MADE ME MAD THE NIGHT BEFORE!" Isadore yelled.

Then something crazy happened. The floorboards in front of Viola broke. Viola stepped back, the look of anger replaced with one of fear.

"You wouldn't. You can't," she said.

"Watch me. After all, I always ruin everything. I might get your parents to kick me out if I do it. You'd get your wish after all," Isadora said, raising her hand.

"MOTHER!!!" yelled Viola, "ISADORA'S TREATING ME AGAIN!!!"

"Oh, you asked for it," Isadora said, taking a step towards Viola.

Before Isadora could do anything though, Calypso appeared.

"Isadora Lark Neredras. You are not going to threaten my daughter. You are a guest in my house and you will not act like this. Remember, the only reason you aren't in the keep is that I told the committee that we could handle you. Now, please go to your room," Calypso said. She didn't yell. She didn't even raise her voice, but it had a strong hold over everyone. Kelly was almost tempted to go back inside her room.

"Fine. And by the way, you can get arrested for using your ability on minors," Isadora said, before turning and walking away.

Calypso noticed Kelly for the first time.

"Oh dearie, I'm so sorry that you had to see that. Isadora is a bit of a..." her voice trailed off.

"Of a loose cannon," Viola finished.

"What did you say to her to make her go like that?" Kelly asked.

"I told her that the only reason she wasn't in the keep was that everyone was scared of her," Viola said.

"Really, are you positive? I was under the impression that she like people scared of her," said Calypso.

Viola rolled her eyes, "Fine. I told her that even her own parents were frightened of her. And that's why she has to live with us."

"Viola! You don't say things like that! Isadora's parents sent her here for training. No other reason," Calypso scolded.

"Yes Mother," said Viola, nodding.

"Alright. How about after Kelly gets dressed, you show her around," Calypso left.

"Hi. Um, why don't you get dressed? Then I- I can show you the grounds. The garden is very pretty this time of year," Viola said.

"Okay. I guess I'll see you in a few," Kelly said.

Kelly put on a purple dress. It had blue stones sewn onto it. Kelly thought they were sapphires. They were the same color as her eyes. Kelly threw her hair into a messy ponytail. It didn't look the best with her fancy dress, but Kelly didn't really care.