Epilouge

"You look beautiful Lena," Tati said as we stood in front of the mirror

"You look beautiful Lena," Tati said as we stood in front of the mirror. " He's going to be speechless," Alessa said as my mom placed the veil onto my head. It was taking everything in her not to shed tears. "Ok," she said as she pulled out a velvet box. "Here is your something borrowed." I took the velvet box for her," It was my mother's on her wedding day, then it was mine, and now it's," she sighed deeply as a stray tear ran down her cheeks." Oh, mama." I sniffle as I pull her into a hug. " If you cry then I'm going to cry and then the girls will bitch about my makeup." I joke squeezing my eyes shut so that I wouldn't cry.

" Hey" they all gasped out as if I accused them of some horrific crime." Ok, open it, open it." My mom said excitedly as I smiled and opened the velvet box. " They're gorgeous." I gasp as I run a manicured fingernail over the crystal drop earrings. " Here ." I handed the box off to an open hand and put the earrings on.

"Perfect."

I felt complete now. My dress for me to at, my makeup was neutral but had a pop of silver to it, my hair was curled and flowing down my back. Usually, I would try to find an imperfection or try to find something that I could fix and make better. Not today.

Today I couldn't find anything wrong because everything was perfect as I stared at my reflection in the mirror. " Look who decided to wake up." Alessa cooed as she brought in Violeta. I went and grabbed her from Alessa's arms as a knock was heard. "Come in." My mom answered and the door opened to reveal my father.

" Wow." he stammered out." Look at my girls." he said proudly." You all look so beautiful."

"Say thank you, grandpa," I said waving Violeta's small hand as he walked over and took her from me. " Alright." Maria spoke," We have to get going now, see you out there ." The girls walked over and hugged me before leaving the room with my mom and Violeta following behind. "Don't trip."Alex yelled and then followed that with a whine." What the fuck Les ." She groaned out. "Don't jinx her." Alessa scolded as their voices disappeared down the hall.

"Alright," he spoke rubbing my shoulders. " Are you ready?" I let out a huff of air before nodding my head, " Ready as I'll ever be."

We exited the room and walked downstairs towards the backyard. I didn't want a big wedding with 500+ guests. I wanted a small and intimate wedding with only around 250 guests. This decision resulted in us choosing to have it at my family's home. The bridal march cued up and the doors opened to reveal a rose-covered pathway leading to the man of my dreams.

Everyone turned their attention towards me as I begin to walk down the aisle. My father's grip on me tightened reassuringly as I smiled up at him before turning to face Antonio. Anthonie "subtly" handed him a handkerchief as he brought his sleeve up to his eyes and dabbed slightly.

Is he ... crying?

As we approached him and stopped, my father kissed my cheek before giving me a way to Antonio. "Hey," I said softly as I took his hands. "Hey," he responded with a shaky voice. I lifted my hand to his cheek and wiped away a tear that was falling down his cheeks.