During and after the fight, I had lost an incredible amount of blood, not because of the snake, but because my [Blood Scarred Opal] caused my injuries to heal much slower. All the rags I had brought with me had become completely stained with deep and dirty red. I had to rest for a few days unmoving in my bed to recover, yet I could not sleep, I merely stared at the ceiling the entire time, as my mind felt like tv static. Soon, my hand had become infected, yellow scabs slowly formed around the palm of my hand, the Shaman had to treat it with various tonics. Luckily, it eventually passed away.

Still, my mood had not improved, but it was no time to mope around. Some things needed immediate attention.

[Interface]

[Profile]

Name: Gild Domov

Race: Amber Skin Goblin

Affinity: Earth

Experience: 2/729

Class: None

Subclass: None

Strength: 10

Agility: 12

Dexterity: 13

Intelligence: 18

Willpower: 20

Health: 140/140

Mana: 177/177

Free points: 6

I was debating internally as to what to put my points into. According to Yantago, an average human had stats of 10 all across. This means I had twice the [Willpower] of a normal person, but my strength was average. But what was even an average human in this world? A peasant, a farmer, or a monster slayer, mercenary, mage? How rare is magic, and how much more efficient is it compared to a spear? For now, I'll put points into my physical attributes, but I must greatly train other stats to balance myself out. I could not afford to be as lacking as I was when in front of that snake.

[Interface]

You have raised your Strength by 2, (10 → 12)

You have raised your Agility by 2, (12 → 14)

You have raised your Dexterity by 2, (13 → 15)

You have new skills available. Select one.

[Shroud of Dust]

Cast the battlefield in a blinding, swirling cloud of dust, obscuring the vision of others and slowing down everyone. The skill is cast directly above the user, and the radius of the storm is 10 metres. The Dust Cloud will last until the user cancels it, or the user runs out of mana.

{Cast time: 3 seconds, Consumption: 20 mana/sec, Recharge rate: 1 Hour.}

[Forbidden Ground]

Spread hard stone spikes of 5 centimetres tall along the ground, causing pain to those who step them. The user can select a region of a radius of 10 metres, within 40 metres of themselves, to cover in spikes.

{Cast time: 10 seconds, Consumption: 50 mana, Recharge rate: 3 Hours, Persistent.}

[Disks of Stone]

Conjure up to 3 stone disks to float around you circularly. One can use bodily movements to control the stones, to send them forth to strike or to shift them elsewhere for utility. Each slab has a radius of half a metre, and a thickness of 15 centimetres, and have a range of control of 60 metres. Upon the stones breaking or cancellation, the spell will end.

{Cast time: 2 seconds per stone, Consumption: 2 mana per second, per stone. Recharge rate: 30 seconds per stone.}

[Shroud of Dust] and [Forbidden Ground] are both skills related to controlling the battlefield, and yet those skills would also affect my own goblins. [Disks of Stone] seems to have incredible potential. It could be used for combat, defence and other things, so it seemed like the best choice. I picked [Disks of Stone], and the skill now appeared in my Interface.

As I walked through the camp, I saw some of the hunters and goblins that fought in the raid, staring blankly into the air, with pensive expressions. One scratched his head in thought. This must-have meant they had interfaces too.

Rugum sat on his typical stone carving a wooden bow, but his neutral and solemn face was gone. On the surface, he appeared the same, only his brow was furrowed and he was chipping away at the wood much more aggressively.

I approached him, which caused him to pause his bow making. He looked up at me, his disgruntled expression remained. "Is something the matter, Chief?" He asked in a calm voice, but I sensed a bit of venom in it.

I ignored the change of tone in his voice. "I wanted to see how you were doing."

"Well, I'm making a new bow." He showed the roughly carved piece of wood. "Helps to take my mind off things." His voice grew slightly fainter at the second part of his sentence.

I raised my eyebrow and I tried analysing his face clearly. "What things?" I asked.

"The death of the others..." He said gently. "We were all born from the same batch. They died because of weakness." His voice became choked up.

Weakness. The word caused my heart to falter, I unconsciously took a step back and made me release an audible gulp. I tried to regain my composure, and I stood straight. "Whose weakness?"

Rugum sat silently, he looked at his uncompleted bow and squeezed it tightly. "Everyone's." He stood up and quickly walked away from the camp, with his head down and not making eye contact with anyone else.