6. Breaking Through

Start from the beginning

She knew that Divination was nowhere near the top of her list for classes to take ever since the teapot incident, Olivia tried her best to stay far away from the divination tower.

A few weeks later Olivia sat in the Painting studio working on a painting. Working by herself, since the twins had quidditch practice with Wood the new captain of the Gryffindor team. She worked in the silence not noticing of the footsteps coming behind her.

"You have paint on your forehead." Said the boy.

She turned to see a pale blond hair boy with slytherin robes. "Where'd you come from I didn't hear you come in. What's your name?"

"Draco Malfoy. You probably didn't hear me because you was humming loudly. I could hear you in the corridor." He told her

"Oh I didn't realize I was humming. Must have been focused."

"Aren't you going to tell me your name. I told you mine."

"Oh right, I'm Olivia Evans." She said with a smile. Holding out her paint stained hair for him to shake.

He gave a disgusted look at her hand and shook his head. "I know you, Professor Snape adopted you. You're the weird hufflepuff that yelled for everyone during the sorting."

"That would be me." She said with a chuckle, wiping her hands off on a towel. Usually Olivia never had a problem with the Slytherins, muggle born or not, she was still adopted by Snape, the head of the Slytherin house. They knew not to cross him when it came to Olivia.

"So, tell me, what you doing wondering on this end of the school? Hardly no one comes here unless they have class which theres not many who take art classes at Hogwarts." She asked the boy.

"That's none of your business." He said glancing at the piano in the corner of the room with the other instruments.

"Oh You're the kid who plays the piano in the evenings sometimes. I'm usually not in here, most of the time I'm in the dark room down the corridor. I can hear you play sometimes when Im developing film."

"What? No I don't play. Thats ridiculous." He rambled off defensively, crossing his arms.

"Oh I must have been mistaken. Well since you aren't the person who plays I guess I'll turn my attention back to my painting. To mind my business. If I happen to hear music playing, then I know it's not you, since you just told me of course." She told him with a grin, she shrugged her shoulders and faced the canvas again. Picking up the brush and palette and hummed to herself. Acting as if she was in her own world.

She heard footsteps head to the Corner of the room. And the sound of someone sitting in a seat that creaked. Slowly, after a few minutes to make sure she didn't turn around, she heard a soft melody begin to play.

For the entire hour, she didn't turn around once. She painted and painted. Checked her watch, cleaned her brushes and put away her things. She tucked her wand into one of the messy buns that was on either side of her head. Threw her bag over her shoulder and camera around her neck, she left the boy who played the soft music, without a glance in his direction.

Once the girl left, Draco faded out the music. He sat there, wondering if she'd tell everyone about him. But she didn't look any, like she said she wouldn't do. So maybe she wouldn't say anything after all. Maybe Olivia Evans was alright after all, too. He wondered how long it would take her to realize she still didn't wipe the paint off her forehead.

 He wondered how long it would take her to realize she still didn't wipe the paint off her forehead