Author's Preface

Hello!

          Writing this has been a dream five years in the making. Eight rewrites, waking up and going to my notes app when I fix a plot hole in my sleep, saying dialogue in real life to hear how it sounds, I have strived to make this as perfect as possible and I am finally prepared to share my work!

          Anytime anyone has ever asked how my book is doing, if they can read it, or asked seemingly normal questions my answer was always the same: that's confidential. I wanted no one to read it until I believed it was perfect and the version you will see is a long time coming.

          This book is dedicated to my freshman honors English teacher, who always believed in me and encouraged my writing. He believed in the healthy coping mechanism of creativity in an environment where coloring inside the lines was the safest and only way to navigate through high school. Thank you for always believing in me <3.

          Warning: this book contains content that might be triggering to some. If you are sensitive to descriptions of gore, sexual references and situations, self-harm, and adult dialogue I highly suggest you don't continue on.

The Insurgence: Bleeding Silver