TAKE 15 - Whirlwind

Start from the beginning

One week Later – 29th March, 2019

Manchester, UK

8:00 PM

On the Team Bus on the Way Back to the Hotel

Khushi's POV

Celebrations have begun around me in full swing. They began the very second, we all stepped on the team bus – two minutes ago. The bus is now beginning to depart on its wheels as our ride back to the Hotel begins. My Hearts really not in it though. I can say with great conviction that it just isn't. Mostly for Mum's sake – I have just been in the middle of a pretend mode – just pretending to be as stoked and excited as the rest of our Unit(for a while).

But in my head and heart – all of my energies are tuned in with Arnav's. We did get on a little chat about five minutes ago too – but I just feel like I need to be with him – right now. I want to be with him right now.

I gesture to Mum(who is in the middle of the crazy celebration – hooting and cheering – along with the rest of the support unit too) that I am going to sit by the end of the bus for a bit – given that I still got some work to finish on – which is also true. She nods at me excited and I make my way back through shooting pretended smiles and grins to everyone on the way.

Once I am alone on the last row by the seat next to the window – I switch on my Tablet to resume work and I also dish out my phone again to text Arnav.

Me : Arnav..please tell me again...that you are okay? Everyone's celebrating around me but my I just don't feel like it. Are you feeling bummed out in your gaming emotions - still? Also are you on your team bus now? I did spot your bus pulling in behind ours as we were just leaving.I can't help but feel this worried for you still...even though you said ..you are okay..prior...please just reconfirm the same to me again?

I tap send and wait for his reply hoping desperately it comes soon.My eyes take momentary refuge in basking at the sight of the rain on the outside.

Hmmmm.

So – while I wait for Arnav's text – I think it's only fair that I give in a little context to the situation – game wise- first.

So.

We'v just won the ODI series against India. 2- 1.(Now you know why the crazy hooting and cheering continues around me).All three ODI games – had been a close competition of the bat and ball yet again though.India had won the first ODI game on the 25th of March in Southampton by 10 runs.We all travelled to Cardiff the next day for the second ODI was scheduled to be held there on the 27th of March. Our England team won the second ODI by 2 wickets in the last over of that game. Once again it was all going down to the last game of the series to decide the series winner.The very next day we all travelled to Manchester – where in the 3rd ODI was scheduled to be played at the Old Trafford Cricket Stadium - today.( It's been hectic with all the travel too)

And today - England had won the toss and chose to bat first and they managed to score about 335 runs for 9 wickets by the end of their 50 overs. But the weather kind of decided to play spoilt sport after - which resulted in the bit that the second innings of the game could not be completed fully. India could only bat until 35 overs until the play was halted due to the sudden rain shower. They were 200-4 until that point. Eventually the play could not be resumed until the reserve time which basically led to the bit that on account of D/L method coming in to decide the result of this decider match of the series – We won the match by 10 runs leading us to win the series by 2-1. Because the D/L cut off score for India was 210 keeping in mind the 35 overs they had played. And they fell ten runs short – eventually. The post series presentation was held indoors eventually and ofcourse the Indian unit was bummed out because of the rain interruption and D/L coming in to play to decide the winner.Skipper Dev did mention in his talk with the presenter that on moments like these– all they can do is just take it in the stride of chance and keep their focus on the positives they had to pick out off the series as a unit and look ahead to the next that's lined up.