forty

Choi Yeonjun's POV

A blinding light woke me up from a great slumber. I opened my eyes but closed again when a bright ray of sun coming from the window met my iris. I squinted and used my hand to block the light. I tried to get up but a severe headache stopped me.

I surrendered and laid down again. I felt a soft pillow and a warmth matress on my back. I opened my eyes quickly and got up regardless of what I felt on my head. I roamed my eyes and I was on my room.

I tried to recall what happened last night. How I came here, why did I came here, and why I am here.

I'm on a deep thought when someone opened the door. My eyes widened and I was startled. Soobin came in with a serious look on his face. I felt anxious and nervous looking at him. He closed the door and walked towards my bed without getting off his eyes on me. I gulped as he sat at the edge.

"Where have you been?" He asked seriously. I averted my gaze and looked on my fingers.

Soobin may be younger than me but he's scary when he's mad. I know I made a mistake that can lead into the group's downfall which is Soobin's most hated thing. So I know how much he is mad at me.

I remained silent and didn't bother to answer him nor looked back at him again. After a few minutes, I heard him sighed.

"Are you okay now?" He asked softly. I looked at him in shock. I thought he'll scold me of doing such stupid thing. But he didn't. He may not looking at me but I saw concern in his eyes. I still kept my mouth shut.

"I'm sorry." He said.

"What do you mean?" I finally uttered a word.

"I already knew about it." He said and bowed down his head. My mouth left an agape.

"Y-you knew? Why? Why didn't you tell me? I asked you for help. You knew. You were there when I called the investigator. You were there when I was seeking for an answer. You knew all along but you kept your mouth shut and didn't say any word? Why?" I asked. Tears fell down on my face. I can't count how many times I cried this past few days. But I know how much I did.

"I'm sorry, hyung. As much as I wanted to tell you everything, I can't. I made a promise with Taehyun and Y/n. They'll hate me. I planned to tell you everything from the very beginning but Y/n pleaded not to. They trusted me. I can't tell you but God knows how much I want to. When you asked me for help, I didn't say no. Because at least I can lead you to the truth. Trust me, I wanted to. But I can't." Soobin cried out. I bit my lip trying to stop myself from crying.

I didn't said a word. I don't know what should I feel. But I understand Soobin. I don't hate him. I just hated my self. He's right, he did everything to lead me to the truth but I was a coward not to dig deeper. He insisted but I didn't. This is how much I was a stupid, weak asshole. I know I am.

"Taehyun." He said. I looked at him and our eyes met.

"He never hated you." He added. My brows furrowed. He smiled at me faintly.

"Taehyun was a great man. He is indeed. I trust him." He said then stood up, "Now get up. You need to report at the company." He said wiping his tears and he walked out.

I don't know what he's talking about. I laid down and stared at the ceiling. I remember I left my phone at my closet. I stood up and looked for it.