(Side Story 16) What If... Gene

Start from the beginning

"Hey! Do you mind?" She shouts as she picks up her phone, unfortunately it's still in one piece.

"Next time, stay out of the way" I scold as the pathetic little potato gets up and folds her arms.

Before I can give a quick-witted and cool response, some fuck stick shoved between the both of us.

"Oi, fuck off" I shout as the scruffy-looking boy just ignores me and continues walking into school. I turn back to the girl, now once again on the floor, "Stay out of my way freshman"

I continue up the stairs but instead of heading into school, I take a left and head to the bleachers. Where I find my fellow shadow knights, Sasha and Zenix.

"Sup" I greet as they notice me walking over. Only for me to stop just as I get behind the bleachers. "Wait, where's...?"

"Hey Kitten" He whispers right in my ear as his hands fall on my shoulders. He places a hand on my chin, turning my head to the right and angling it slightly upwards and I'm rendered frozen at how close he is. He uses his other hand to pull down my mask and I can't help but just stand there and let him. Though as soon as I realise that he's leaning in for a kiss, I place my arms on his face, frantically trying to stop him. "Gene no! You're gonna fuck up my make-up!"

"Kitten..." Gene whines as I continue to push him off.

"Why do you put on lipstick when you almost always have that mask on over the top" Zenix asks as I finally push Gene off of me.

"Shut up Zenix" Sasha says. "You just don't get it"

"Anyway, anyone got any plans for what we should get up to today?" I ask, ignoring Zenix's stupid questions like usual.

"We were waiting in you for that" Gene says. Being leader of the shadow knights has its ups and downs, but deciding what mischief to get up to is definitely an up.

Kawaii-Chan P.O.V (Corridors) (Start Of The School Day)

"Y/n-Senpai!" I shout as I run-up to her, wrapping my arms around her, thankful that I found someone I know.

"Who's this, Kitten?" One of the guys with Y/n asks.

"No one, just keep going I'll catch up" Y/n says as she gestures for the three with her to leave, which they soon do.

"Y/n-Senpai, who were they?" I ask.

"Nana, stop" Y/n says as she looks down at me. "Don't do this in school, please. Me and them..." She says while gesturing to the three that just left. "...where not the kind of people someone like you should be hanging out with. Go find some freshmen's your year to talk to"

"They'll just say that Kawaii-Chan is weird and they won't want to be friends with Kawaii-Chan" I say as my ears drop.

"So? Fuck them. Who cares what other people think? If they can't accept you for who you are then they aren't worthy of being your friends" Y/n shouts, then takes a breath to collect herself. "Look, there's this kid who's in your year, name's Zane. He's got freckles and black hair that covers over his right eye. He's an annoying ball of positivity, like you, so I'm sure you two will get on great"

I can't help but smile up at her but Y/n quickly grows a disgusted look. "Okay, now bugger off" She says as she pushes me down the halls, towards my homeroom. I smile back at her and she puts her middle finger up. "Go!"

Katelyn P.O.V (Lunch Hall) (Noon)

"Okay, second time today freshman" Y/n shouts at a raven-haired girl who unfortunately made the mistake of sitting at the shadow knight table. "I was giving you the benefit of the doubt in thinking that you were capable of learning something as simple as, stay out of my way. But clearly, I overestimated you. Won't happen again"