T W E N T Y - O N E

Start from the beginning

"He cried," I said as I remained looking down.

"That just shows how sorry he really is. I know that isn't enough but everyone in the house wants to prove to you that you could trust Sehun or any of us again. It's okay to be afraid Paige, but not to the point that don't trust any of us anymore."

"We promise that you'll be safe with us. You'll be able to return here to your room safely." he said as he looked me in the eyes. "I'll give you time to decide, I don't want to pressure you into going if you're really not comfortable." he said before standing up.

"You know, everyone's willing to try anything just for you to trust us fully again." he says before leaving my room.

I took a deep breath once the door closed. I was about to lay down when I heard something from the door. I saw something being slipped underneath it. I slowly got up from my bed and went near the door. It was a rolled piece of paper. I took it and untangled the string that rolled it. Only one word was written on the paper.

Sorry.

Again with that five letter word. It's short yet meaningful. It's easy to say but hard to accept. What's up with this? This is the last thing that I'd expect them to do.

I could tell that there was someone standing behind the door. I held the doorknob and contemplated whether I should open it or not. I shook my head since I opened it anyways.

I looked at Kai in confusion when I saw him outside. He gave me a small smile. I continued looking at him then at the note. "Were you expecting someone else?" he asked as he looked at the side.

"Not sure," I replied.

Kai smiles knowingly. "Someone wants to talk to you but he's too afraid to approach you." he looked at the side again.

I instinctively stepped back since I realized that he's referring to Sehun. Kai looked hesitant for a moment but he looked at me again. "Give him a chance, Paige."

I didn't respond so Kai decided to pull Sehun towards the door. Sehun couldn't even make eye contact with me. I also noticed that he was holding a bouquet of flowers.

I moved backwards and Kai slowly pushed Sehun through the door. "Talk, I'll be right outside." he tells us before he closes the door.

Sehun and I made eye contact but he was quick to avert his gaze. "I-I know I look ridiculous right now," he said. "I know you're afraid, but hear me out Paige." he calmly said as he took a step.

"Don't come near me," I softly said.

He still continued walking towards me but he stopped and kept his distance. "I just found out what I did and I never realized how horrible I was," he started. "I absolutely loathe myself for causing you that much pain. I'll never understand your side because I never experienced what you went through. I know forgiving me and trusting me would be hard and I can't blame you for that. You don't have to fully forgive me, you have all the reasons to do so." he had his fists clenched as he explained.

"It's just that we all want the old you to return. You've been locked up in your room and we're all worried. Paige, I'm really sorry. I wasn't aware, if I was then I would've been the one to avoid you. I had no idea and I hated myself for that, so I'm really sorry."

He held out his hand which was holding the flowers. "Purple hyacinths mean sorry, according to Kai. If you take this then it means you're willing to give me a chance to make it up to you. If not, you can tell me to get out. I won't force you." he calmly said.

I stood there dumbfounded. Never have I ever expected such a move. I could see the sincerity in his eyes. I didn't know what got into me but I moved my hand to take the bouquet. I did it while I was being cautious to not make any skin contact with him. I saw the relief in Sehun's eyes and a smile immediately formed on his lips.