Part 6: The Only Thing Left to Do (Weekend & Monday)

Adam's POV

After my confrontation with Julianna, I headed straight home. After hearing that she didn't want to be with me, I didn't see any point in talking anymore. I didn't care to hear anything else, so I just messaged Lee, my future Beta, to take care of everyone and prevent them from getting into any trouble. It wasn't as good as me being there, but it would have to do. 

After reaching the woods, I shifted to my black wolf and ran for a while before heading home. I kept thinking about everything that happened that night, and I couldn't sleep until the first daylight broke out.

It was a pretty stupid idea to ask Lee to get us dates for the party. It wasn't even hard to get them since many girls were always interested in my friends and me. I get it, we were pretty athletic, and they seemed to be into that. But Julianna wasn't interested at all, and she was the only one I really cared about. I thought if we brought some girls, she would storm over and have some sort of jealousy fit. Then we would talk things over, and she wouldn't be able to deny that she cared about me anymore. That was my master plan that seemed so stupid right now. Instead of her being angry seeing me come in with girls, she just pulled away even further. I tried to escalate things with the girl next to me to get Julianna's attention, but that just backfired at me as she ended up dancing with some random guys and then in Johny's embrace. I felt jealous just thinking about it. I couldn't even start to think how horrible she must have felt when she saw me kissing that girl. 

Julianna looked so beautiful last night. Beautiful doesn't even begin to describe her. I always see her in her school uniform, and even that looks great on her tall and slender body. It is obvious she works out, and everything looks great on her. She is really strong too, which I realized when she dragged me to the staircase last night. I did not expect her to be that strong, but she was an Alpha after all. Right now, I wish she wasn't an Alpha because that was the thing that was really holding her back. At least I now knew the real reason why she has been pulling away from me. I just wish she talked to me before about it. But she seemed really determined about not wanting to be with me, and everything I had tried just didn't work with her. She must have been really strong-willed to resist the bond. From what I had heard so far from everyone, the pull towards each other was too strong to stay away for long. I knew I couldn't resist it. I would do anything to be with her no matter what. But if she had decided, there was really no point after all. The sooner we ended this, the better. Maybe she was right after all. Perhaps only rejecting each other will stop this suffering of not being able to be together.

When I woke up the next day, it was already past midday. I took a shower, ate something quickly, and headed to my dad's office. I will take over the Alpha title at the end of the school year, and I tried to learn all there was to know by hanging around my dad's office as much as possible. He was a good dad and a great Alpha. I knew he was happy when I wanted to learn, but he was a man of few words and not showing much of his emotions. He was Just like Julianna in a way. She was really good at hiding her feelings. Everything reminded me of her, and even when dad handed me some documents to read, I was distracted by my thoughts, and I just stared blankly at papers. Even my dad, of all people, noticed I wasn't being myself and asked me to instead go for a run. He said it was fine; we could continue with work next time. So I did just that, I went for a long run and didn't return until late that night. 

The next day I spent in my room mostly sleeping, watching TV, and trying to do some homework. My mind kept running back to Julianna and the inescapable rejection process we had to do as soon as possible. The best would be just to end it all quick. I decided I will ask her to do it tomorrow.

Monday

After another sleepless night, morning finally came, and I got ready for school. I arrived early, found my friends, and headed straight to my next classroom. I could feel her around, which really unsettled me, even more than it usually did. I hadn't seen her until the end of the third period.