Epilogue: Life Advice from JK and Author-nim

Author Notes on Neurodiversity:

If you related to this story and some of Jungkook's experiences here, such as:  

needing to move your body to think,
having trouble expressing yourself in words,
sometimes being frozen with anxiety,
an inability to do things you aren't interested in,
hyperfocus on the things you are interested in...
needing to learn things in different ways... 

You probably have neurodiversity, meaning your brain doesn't work the same way as the average person's does. The most common forms of neurodiversity are Autism, ADHD, Dyslexia, Anxiety, OCD, and bipolar. (And there are huge overlaps between autism and all of these other conditions). In this story Jungkook clearly has ADHD and may also be autistic....In real life, Jungkook clearly has ADHD and may also be autistic.

Your friendly Author-nim is also neurodiverse.  I am autistic and I have ADHD, OCD, Bipolar Type 2, PTSD and Anxiety.    (However, learning "how to be autistic" is curing me of some of my other conditions, little by little.... someday maybe I'll write a book on that, too.)    

Our understanding of what neurodiversity is needs to change. We aren't DISABLED (by definition). We are abled DIFFERENTLY. We are the people that are brave enough to risk everything and try a unique path. We are the people who have endless energy for our passions and our loves. We are the people who CHANGE the world instead of accept it.

Jungkook's story is really the story of how someone who was a failure at being a "good student" was able to be a success at being an international superstar. How someone who was a failure at being "neurotypical" might be a success at being "neurodiverse"...

Never let anyone tell you what you can and can't do. Never let anyone tell you that you are stupid or incapable. Figure out your own way, your own path, and never look back.

As Jungkook says: "Do what you want. That's what I did."

SARANGAE my lovely readers. Be Well.  

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜