Conversation (NaChaeng)

Start from the beginning

And with that, Chaeyoung started crying again.

Out of instinct, Nayeon hugged her as tightly as possible.

I quickly got up and ran to my kitchen.

I returned to them, carrying a glass of water and a pack of tissues.

"There, there, Chaeyoung," Nayeon softly said, stroking the younger member's hair, "Just let it all out. Y/N Oppa and I are here for you. Just let it all out and tell us what's going on."

Chaeyoung kept on crying.

She then saw me looking at her with such a worried face.

She raised her left hand slightly, reaching out to me.

I held her hand, squeezing it gently.

"Nayeon Unnie... Y/N Oppa..." she sobbed.

Nayeon and I just sat there, patiently waiting for Chaeyoung to feel ready to talk to us.

I didn't know how much time passed, but we just let her cry her eyes out.

Man, something must have happened today that made her really upset.

I didn't want to think about it, but I had my suspicions as to what caused it.

When Chaeyoung finally calmed down, Nayeon took some tissues and gave it to her.

I offered her a glass of water.

Chaeyoung took several slow sips and dried her tears, taking a few minutes before she decided to speak.

"Y/N Oppa... Nayeon Unnie..." she started, still choking a bit, "I'm so sorry to be a burden to you now. It's just that I've been carrying so much pressure for a long time... and, tonight, I almost got into an argument with Jungkook Oppa."

I knew it.

Chaeyoung's last item on her itinerary today was a dinner date with Jungkook.

I was maybe overthinking it, but I did have an inkling that something happened during that time.

If it was something before the date, then she could have cried to him already.

"What happened?" Nayeon asked, gently squeezing Chaeyoung's right hand.

"It's just that I was so tired with all of my schedules this week and I just wanted to have a good and quiet time with Jungkook Oppa," Chaeyoung replied, "But when he asked me about work, I almost snapped. I blurted out some things that I shouldn't have said. It really surprised him, but I shocked myself more. It became so awkward after that."

I nodded, "I'm so sorry I couldn't make your schedules lighter, Chaeyoung." I understood that part quite a lot.

Dahyun and I almost got into an argument as well when I was with her last week during her SBS Fashion King Korea filming.

She was so stressed out about it as well.

"It's not your fault, Y/N Oppa," she shook her head, "I wanted to have all of these activities going on so that I can stay active. It's always been like that and I love what I'm doing. But sometimes, when you just want to relax and stuff, you just don't want to talk about it," and then looked at me, "Like the way it happens when I'm with you alone, Oppa. You may be our manager oppa, but when I get to spend a bit of time with you alone, we never talk about work."

"So what did Jungkook Oppa say afterwards?" Nayeon asked.

"He said he was sorry," Chaeyoung replied, looking down, "He was really apologetic about it. I really tried to be patient the whole time but maybe the stress just got to me again," and then looked at me again, "You know that I'm really bad at expressing my own feelings, Oppa. I'm really frustrated about it."