"I am not gonna accuse anyone right now. Not when I'm not even sure." Was her simple reply.

I furrowed my brows, my nervousness all dissolved as I spoke my next words. "But you might have your doubts on at least someone?"

She sighed and for the first time since I've met her, she smiled. "Facts and doubts are not the same… Valerie. I can call you that, right?"

My mouth opened and closed like a fish. I nodded my head insanely. "Sure… I mean, yeah," I answered.

Skye started laughing beside me and I could feel the reverberations of his beautiful laughter. This only made me feel weird. As if feeling my timorous energy, he flicked my nose teasingly and sobered up quickly.

"And um, can I can you-"

"Yeah, you can call me Katherine." I was going to say Kathy but thank God that she cut me off before I could even say that. "Formalities don't matter since we're both practically jobless and don't have an employer and employee relationship now," she stated jokingly. If that was her idea of humor then she needed to up her game.

"Right." I cracked an easy going smile toward her.

"Anyway, so what I was saying, it doesn't matter what I think. I am still trying to figure out everything," she said and I don't know what made her say the next words but she did. I realized that it must have been my downcast expression. "And if you think that you're to blame, Valerie, then you're wrong. Think about this in a different perspective. This person, whoever he or she is, has been conspiring to do this for a long time. You just happened to give him an easy opening."

It was silent after that as we were busy digesting her words. I felt a lot relieved after hearing her response because the weight of faulting myself lifted off of my shoulders.

It was Skye who broke the silence. "But still… knowing you, you must have your suspect already listed at the top," he pressed on grittingly.

Katherine exhaled heavily, leaning back on the couch. "Like I said, facts and doubts are not the same."

"You have a doubt on someone only when you see or notice something wrong in them. A doubt doesn't spurt out of nowhere. Surely there is someone?" I tried but she didn't budge from her argument.

"I agree with Val here. You know but you're not telling us," Skye seconded with narrowed eyes.

Katherine massaged her temples before steepling her fingers as if the mere topic drained the energy out of her. "Skye… Valerie." She looked us both in the eyes reprovingly like she was handling two toddlers. "I just can't tell you who that person is without being sure about it myself. I don't wanna badmouth someone without fully confirming it only to find out that it's not the person I was suspecting all along."

I began nodding my head slowly. What she said made more sense and I found myself agreeing.

Skye, on the other hand, didn't wish to acquiesce. "At least a name maybe?" He tried with a hopeful expression.

I turned to look at Skye to find the desperation swimming on his face. That's when I realized something. It was hitting him more than anyone because it's his company. I could tell that he wanted to get back at the person who brought this upon us all but mainly him. He wanted to avenge while I wanted nothing more than to help him in his quest.

"For now, my lips are sealed." She crossed her arms across her chest, sporting her hawk eyed look. She was thinking something with the way her expression was stone cold and her eyes gazing in the far off distance. "Right now, I am 75 percent sure but I promise you once I reach that 100 percent, you'll be the first one I'll disclose the name to. Okay?" She raised an eyebrow and Skye slumped back in his seat with a loud exhale.