📚 Broken Library 📚

Ship(s): Platonic Jander (Jake x Zander), mentions of Lander (Luke x Zander)

Genre: Angst/Fluff?

~

It was currently 3:15 p.m., and Jake walked down the empty halls of the high school as school had already let out. He walked dreading what he was walking towards. He then reflected, remembering what had led him to be at school after hours.

~

Jake sure wasn't quite what it was about that day, but something about the way he woke up that morning led him to be in a terrible mood right from the start. To add onto that, he got to school only to discover that Drew was absent, so now he had no one to complain to. Granted, Henry and Liam were still there, but it just wasn't the same trying to vent to them. And because Drew was absent that day, when science class came and the teacher informed them of a lab they would have to do, Jake ended up being paired up with Zander and Hailey. And Jake wasn't sure if this was just Zander being Zander, or if he was in a bad mood too, but throughout the entire lab he was criticizing every little thing Jake did. This only added on to the singer's bad mood.

At the end of the lab Jake went to clean the flask they had been using for the assignment, but of course Zander had something to say about the way he was trying to do it, and then things started to escalate, and well... the two of them were now currently playing tug of war over the small item, arguing with one another.

"You're doing it wrong!" the lavender eyed boy yelled in criticism, "Just let me handle it!"

"I can handle cleaning a flask!" the singer retorted.

"You're not even using soap!"

"Maybe I just hadn't gotten to it yet!"

Jake and Zander then heard the noise of discontent groans from Hailey who was standing behind Zander in annoyance, holding a tray with the chemical samples they had prepared as part of the lab.

"You two are acting like children!" the club leader chastised, "It doesn't matter who cleans it as long as it gets cleaned!"

"Then, I'll just clean it!" Zander yelled with a tug on the flask.

Jake shouted back, "Why does it have to be you?!"

"Because you're the most incompetent person I've ever met!"

At the same time, the two boys then heard the annoyed scolds of their science teacher, who had been on them all day for bickering, "Jake, Zander, stop fighting!"

"Ugh, fine," Jake quietly scoffed as he let go of the flask. Zander clearly wasn't anticipating the sudden lack of force, for as soon as Jake let go, Zander fell backwards into Hailey, which caused their chemical samples to fall to the ground, spilling all over the floor. Jake cringed at the sight, before the teacher soon yelled again.

"That's it! You two have been bickering all class period! Detention. Both of you."

~

Jake definitely was not looking forward to sitting in a room for hours in silence with Zander, especially after what had happened. That's why he was thrilled when he heard what had happened to the school's library. Jake wasn't sure of the exact details of what happened since when he asked he was denied the detail, but what he did know was that the school's cooking club set up shop in the library for some kind of event, and now it was completely wrecked. The part that pleased Jake was that as an alternative to detention, it was offered that he could clean the library instead. And he eagerly took that offer over awkward silence with Zander. But even if he found this alternative far more pleasant, he still wasn't particularly enjoying the thought of cleaning the messy room.