🎵 Lyrics 🎵

Ship(s): Haisy (Hailey x Daisy), platonic Jailey (Jake x Hailey)

Genre: Hurt/comfort

(Note: This is a reupload of an old one-shot, so the writing style is a little outdated)

~

How had this all happened? Right now Hailey was sitting, hunched up as a small ball with her knees pulled to her chest. She sat in the music room, now dimly lit due to it being after school hours. One of her arms was wrapped around her legs, while the other loosely held a piece of loose leaf paper. On that paper was scribbled down lyrics that her and Daisy had come up with together. After the band competition, Daisy had started hanging around the club a lot more, especially since her dancing classes had finished for that term, and it would be a couple months before they started up again. For fun, since Daisy had been hanging around so much, Hailey suggested she help come up with a song for them. She had been so excited by the idea, and quickly agreed. Hailey ended up being the person who helped her out the most. And Hailey hated to admit it, but over the course of these couple weeks they had been hanging out with one another, she had started to realize...

She was falling in love with her.

Hailey then heard the creaking of the music room opened, and shot her head up to see the club's leader singer, Jake. He was the main reason Hailey felt so bad about this whole ordeal. Jake liked Daisy. Hailey knew that, yet she still allowed herself to catch feelings for her. It wasn't like she intended for this to happen. She wished it didn't happen. It just did.

After Jake entered the room, an extremely melancholy energy took it over. This was because, despite the fact it had never been said out loud, both of them knew exactly how Hailey felt about the white haired girl. It was safe to say there was a little bit of an awkward tension between the club's president and singer for the past couple of days. It wasn't like either of them were mad at one another. It was just the knowing that they were pining over the same girl that brought this almost eerie feeling between them. It's not like Jake has anything to worry about. Hailey thought to herself. Nothing would ever happen between her and Daisy. She wouldn't do that to a friend.

"Hi," Jake greeted in a soft tone.

"Hey," Hailey replied flatly.

"How are you feeling?"

The question made Hailey let out a small humoured scoff, "Fine, I guess."

Jake then moved across the room and sat down next to Hailey. She didn't watch though. She hadn't even made eye contact with Jake throughout their entire short conversation. Her eyes were glued to the lyrics in her hand.

The room was now filled with awkward silence as the two club members both sat up against the music room's wall. The silence was then broken, when Jake said something that Hailey didn't expect to hear.

"I think she likes you too."

Hailey's eyes were torn away from the lyrics, as she quickly darted her head up, taken aback as to what Jake had just said. "What?" she asked, still confused.

Jake then turned his head to Hailey and gave her a crooked smile, "You should tell her how you feel."

Hailey was trying to process what Jake had just said. Was he telling her to confess to Daisy? When Hailey came to full realization she quickly sputtered, "Jake. You don't have to-"

He quickly cut her off, "Hailey, please. I've seen you two hanging out with one another. The look on both of your faces..." Jake trailed off as he broke eye contact with Hailey and instead stared off into the ground, "I know she likes you too."

"But Jake, you like her. And you're my friend. I can't do that to you."

"Hey, it's just a high school crush," Jake said, voice wavering, "It's not the end of the world. Plus, I just want what's gonna make Daisy happy, and I think you'd make her really happy."

Hailey stared at Jake wide-eyed, slightly shocked by how kind he was being. She could tell that this was hurting him to say, but she also knew he was being genuine in saying it. A smile spread across her face, and she pulled Jake in for a hug.

"Thank you so much, Jake..."

Jake's body stiffed a bit, surprised by the sudden contact, but soon he hugged her back.

"It's not a problem..."

Hailey squeezed Jake a little tighter, before releasing and pulling away from the hug.

"You know, it wasn't that long ago she left," Jake pointed out, "You could probably still catch her if you want."

Hailey pushed herself up with her arms, making her now standing, "I think I want to," she said with mild confidence. She reflected on today. Just a couple minutes ago she was thinking about how nothing could ever happen between her and Daisy, and now she was about to confess. "Oh God, I'm really going to do this, aren't I?" she chuckled.

Jake stood up, so they were now meeting at eye level, "Good luck."

Hailey felt her face smile again at Jake's kindness. She appreciated him so much right now. That's why, even though they just had, she pulled him in quickly for another small hug, and whispered to him, "Thank you." Jake didn't say anything in response, and instead just lightly patted her back, and Hailey briskly pulled away. She then turned herself around, and walked to the club room's door, lightly placing her hand on the handle. Before turning it, she looked back at Jake who was giving her a small wave to which she smiled. She then readily turned the door knob, exiting the room, ready to find Daisy and say the words she had been wanting to say for weeks now.

"I love you."

~

Isn't it nice that I'm just refeeding you guys old content rather than just writing a new one-shot?  Anyway, even though this one-shot definitely isn't my best work, I feel like it's a cute one to start off this book with <3  I've been busy with chapter five of A Lantern's Light, but now that it's uploaded, I'll try to get around to writing something new for this book ^^