" Putta ... ", She started as her eyes started forming tears too, " Y ou're the best thing that happened to me during my tough times, Dear. Remember, no matter what, I will never leave your side. I will always remain as your pillar of support, just like how we were during all these years .... ", She said as a solemn tear found its way down her cheek.

" I know you're always thinking about the new environment where we're gonna live. But trust me, if you're uncomfortable there - even for a second, we will leave that place. You're are and will always be my priority. I love you putta !!!! Forever! ", she said, whispering the last part as if making a promise - a reassuring promise which I never asked.

Moms always give us things, even without us asking ... Even if it is a promise.

" Ma! This is the reason why I love you. ", I said while I could feel the tears threatening to spill. " You always do things even if I don't ask. Trust me Ma - if Dad does something which makes you cry, I won't hesitate to punch him in his nose. I Always love you Ma, from Earth to Pluto and back ! ", I said chuckling at the end, as tears started coursing down my cheeks.

I slowly stood on my tiptoes, trying to balance my body as a placed a soft kiss on her forehead as an assurance of what I said. Soon enough, we both were crying - connecting our foreheads as a form of giving the non -spoken validation for what we said.

" Fuck! Why am I crying !!! ", Riya's voice boomed, ending our small moment.

That's when I saw that it wasn't just Riya who was crying, Swetha and Neena were also crying along with us. Neena was trying very hard to not smudge her mascara which reportedly took her 19 minutes and 28 seconds to do it. On the other hand, Swetha and Riya were completely looking like ghosts as there was a big, prominent circle under their eyes.

" RIYA ! THIS IS THE 100TH TIME I AM TELLING TO NOT SAY BAD WORDS !!!! ", Swetha shouted as she harshly wiped another tear which fell from her eyes, causing the black smudge to spread across her cheeks. If there is one person who could turn on her wrong switches, then it's only RIYA! I don't know how that girl manages to do that!

" I am sorry. I am sorry. I won't do this hereafter! ", Riya surprisingly accepted defeat, which she never does. She never backs down on an argument, let alone scoldings.

Someone is not in their mood I guess ?!

" Okay children ... Go and correct your make-up. I have to check some documents. Once you're ready, we can leave for the registrar office. ", Ma said, trying to divert what happened now.

" Sure, Aunty. We will. ", Swetha responded.

" Ohkay , dear! And putta, don't overthink okay? ", She said as she placed a soft peck on my forehead. " Sure Ma, I won't! ", I replied as I wiped my tears with my napkin.

______________________________________

Author's POV:-

Silence engulfed as the four of them awkwardly sat on the bench of the registrar office or the Arya Samaj Mandir. The Friday was breezy as their anarkalis and lehengas squirmed in the air, making it difficult for them to maintain.

" .... So? ", Artika started trying to break the silence. " It's a good thing that today is a holiday! ", Swetha said, continuing the flow.

" And why exactly is today a holiday? ", Riya asked oblivious to the reason. " One of our sisters died in the convent. And as a mark of respect, we are having a holiday! ", Swetha replied earning 'oh's from her friends.