Ch. 4 ~ Them There Eyes

"The part of the male lead goes to Andre!"

"Congrats Baby!", I pull him into a hug, sitting next to him in Sikowitz's class as the energy filled drama teacher continued to announce the rest of the cast.

Jade was given the part of Angelica, Jackson's girlfriend, but the love interest of Patterson, Beck's character. Cat received the part of Monica, the main female lead's best friend. Robbie was casted as John Casey, a big time nightclub owner.

"Now the part of Gloria..."

I took a breath. Gloria was the part I auditioned for. Singing wasn't necessarily my strong suit, but my dancing and acting skills made up for it greatly. I could definitely carry a tune, but I was no where near as talented as the rest of my friends when it came to rocking a microphone.

"Tori and Armoni will battle it out against each other in callbacks for the role of Gloria on Friday!"

The drama teacher handed both me and Tori a packet of paper, the cover filled with sheet music.

"Memorize this by-"

"Armoni can't read sheet music", Tori said with a smirk,"She's a dancer remember? This may be a little rough for her-"

I raise my brow preparing to speak before Andre suddenly stands up from his seat,"My baby's got it ,Vega! Chill on her!"

Jade grunts loudly, throwing a pear in the direction of Tori's body, it unfortunately misses her. "NOBODY LIKES YOU!", she screams loudly. The brunette, slightly shaken rolls her eyes and turns her attention back to Sikowitz. "I was just saying..."

"I believe in Armoni", Sikowitz says with a smile,"If that wasn't the case, I wouldn't be putting her up against one of our programs heavy hitters now would I?"

"I guess not....", Tori peeps, glancing in my direction with a pout before turning her attention to her feet.

"As stated before, the audition is Friday. Good luck to you both!"

________________

"Baby, I can't read this stuff!!", I groaned as we sat in one of the practice rooms of Hollywood Arts.

"It's okay, Moni.", Andre touches my face as he sits on a piano bench. The large musical instrument sitting beside him." Just act like you're singing to me okay? Don't worry about reading the right notes. Just focus on the notes and melodies I taught you."

I took a breath and meet Andre's encouraging glance. The audition song was "Them There Eyes" by Billie Holiday. It was Gloria's ode to Jackson in the musical, secretly telling him how she felt about him even though she was engaged to Patterson. Gloria fell for Jackson because of his beautiful eyes, hence the name of the song. I took a breath and Andre grabbed my hand,"Just sing to me, okay?"

Nodding, I closed my eyes as the talented boy started playing the piano.

Just Sing to Dre.....Just sing to Dre....

I fell in love with you the first time I looked into them there eyes

Andre nods his head with a smile, making me feel slightly more confident. I feel myself get into character as I begin to stare into his eyes.

And you have a certain lil cute way of flirtin' with them there eyes
They make me feel so happy, they make me feel so blue
I'm fallin', no stallin' in a great big way for you

I do a little shimmy after touching his face slightly, I begin to truly feel the words in my soul as I sing with ease, remembering each note Andre taught me.

My heart is jumpin' you started somethin' with them there eyes
You'd better look out little brown eyes if you're wise
Sparkle, bubble, get you in a whole lot of trouble
I'm lookin' for the boy with the wistful eyes
I fell in love with them there eyes!!

The song begins to end and a big smile is plastered across my face as I pull my boyfriend into a hug, finishing the last note. He gives me a small chuckle before pressing his last key on the piano and pulling my body against his, hugging me tightly as I squeal.

"I'm proud of you girl! You did that!!!", he presses a small kiss to my forehead." You really did that!"

"She did!"

Sikowitz appears behind us, causing us to jump in surprise, casually holding a piece of fruit in his hand. "You have the role."

"Huh-b-but the auditions-"

"Tori keeps bothering me.", he takes a bite from the green pear in his fingers,"Delicious!!"

"Umm...sir", Andre peeps,"Isn't that the pear that Jade threw at Tori?"

As if he didn't already have knowledge of the origin of the fruit, Sikowitz takes a look at the pear that lies in his palms. "Hmm! I guess it is.", much to me and Andre's disgust, he takes another large bite before speaking again.

"Anyway, Tori keeps bragging about herself and putting you down. I. AM. SICK. OF. IT!"

Me and Andre glance at each other knowingly before we take our attention back to our teacher. "I have no doubt Andre will help you out, especially being that you two are all cozy.", he gives us a teasing coy look. "Congratulations Armoni! You are Miss Gloria!!"

"Thank you!"

With a small smile, Sikowitz exits the room.

"AHHHH!", I scream in excitement as I run into Andre's arms, causing him to stand up from the piano bench.

"THAT'S MY BABY! THAT'S MY BABY!!!", the braided haired boy gives me a bright smile as he holds me tightly.

"I'm so proud of you, baby." , Andre pushes a box braid behind me ear before tilting my chin up slightly."You stay doubting yourself...I believed in you all this time."

"Yeah...I guess you did."

"Mhmmm.", he gives a little laugh before rubbing my chin softly,"You know I-"

"Aht Aht, shut up and kiss me!"

As his lips pressed against mine, the words of his aunt ran through my mind.

"I don't expect you two to last....not one bit."

She was dead wrong. I had faith in us. The kiss began to deepen as Andre snaked his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him. He kiss me like his life depended on it. There was so much passion. So much emotion. As we pulled away from each other, Andre gave me a huge smile.

Gosh I loved that smile!

His aunt was wrong. We were gonna last. I didn't doubt it one bit.