"No, he's right." Diego agreed with Klaus, knowing that it was wrong to jump to conclusion on this, it was a serious matter and they needed to take their time with it. "Look, we can't keep her locked up without proof."

Luther rolled his eyes, bringing back a point from earlier in the conversation. "You said it yourself, Katy's been giving us warnings all night. Isn't that enough evidence?"

"Why don't we just open the door and ask her?" Klaus asks, moving towards the door but Luther puts his arm out and stops him before he could make it to the door.

"No, she's not going anywhere."

Diego shook his head, not liking the fact that they were allowing Luther to keep their sister locked up when they didn't know what was really going on. "No, even if you're right, she needs our help and we can't do that if she's locked in a cage."

"Yeah, and for all we know she might be struggling with this new power. I mean, it must be scary, terrifying, really, to discover that you can do something that you never thought you could do."

"Look, if what Pogo told me is even half true, then she is not just a danger to us." Luther tried to explain to them, keeping his tone serious so that they would understand just how important their next decisions were. Then they all heard footsteps and turned to see who had joined them in the basement, shocked to see Allison had gotten out of bed and was in front of them. Immediately he was concerned for her and tried to usher her away from the cell. "Allison, what are you doing down here? You should be in bed."

She couldn't speak and no one knew if she would ever get her vocal cords working again, so she had been given a notepad and a pen to communicate with everyone. Right now, she knew that Vanya shouldn't be in the cell because that was her sister and she didn't deserve to be punished; so, she wrote her feelings down and showed the boys: LET HER GO.

"I can't do that, she hurt you." Luther explained, wanting nothing more than to protect her.

Allison flicked the page and began writing on the other side before showing the boys what she had written: MY FAULT.

"I'm sorry, but she's staying put." Luther said sternly, Allison tried to get past him but he held her and so she hit him several times but it didn't do anything. He stuck by his belief that Vanya should stay in the cell. "Just until we know what we're dealing with. She stays put." Angry at him, but knowing that she couldn't do anything, the siblings left the basement and left Vanya sobbing alone.

Now that things were clearer about what had happened the previous night at the cabin, Diego knew that he needed to talk to Kate properly and not just ignore what she was telling him. He knew that she had been trying to warn him the whole time that Vanya had powers and that she was the one to hurt Allison, but he had stopped her from speaking and sent her to rest instead of believing what she was saying. His first place to check was the bedroom but with no sign of his girlfriend he began to panic that she had left because she was angry at him for the fight with Hazel in the Parlour. Diego knew that he was in the wrong but genuinely believed that the best thing for Patch would be to take down the people that killed her, now he realised that that wouldn't be what she wanted and knew that to get things back on track; he needed to apologise to Kate.

He ran through the building, terrified that Kate had left because of their argument and was worried for her safety. Even though they had stopped the apocalypse, it didn't mean that they were safe from all possible danger and with assassins still on the loose; he didn't want her to be wandering the streets alone. Luckily, as he stormed past the kitchen, a smell of baking filled his nose and he knew that she was still here. It was the same smell as her apartment, the same smell that was constantly floating around her after working at the donut shop and it was Kate's smell. He pushed open the door of the kitchen and sure enough spotted two figures next to the cooker. One being Grace, who was flicking through a recipe book and the other being Kate, who was managing the stove. Diego was surprised to see them together but it seemed that in the little time they had known each other, they had become quite close and it was a nice sight to see his mom and his girlfriend getting along.