54: Seal it with a Kiss

"What do you see?"

She could feel his breath against her skin. She wanted to hold him close and not remember what Dami had said. But Dami's words were stuck in her head like a broken Christmas record on repeat.

"I don't want to."

Fear. It had dug its cold fingers into her heart. Olumide could say the same words Dami had told her. He could believe his best friend.

"Romola, please." He whispered, cradling her cheeks in both of his palms.

She blinked away her tears as her eyes gazed at his face. The light streaming in from the windows magnified the colour of his caramel skin. The distance between his nose and hers was the same as bewteen her ears. His full luscious lips were close too. His eyes blazed with an emotions so intense it set her heart racing, her blood rushing, and her mind reeling.

The outer edge of his brow curved downwards while his mouth also edeged downwards, "Tell me why you want to leave me?"

"I.. I–" The words died in her throat. "Dami said-"

"I don't care what dami said! Do you think I'm foolish for bringing you here with me? Now you want to leave? Where will you go? How would you get there?"

She couldn't resist the urge to rest her palms on his chest as tears ran down her face unhindered. "It's not like he made a bad point."

"And I made terrible decisons right? Tell me?"

"No. No. Olumide, please just listen to me-"

"I don't want to hear it."

Romola shut her eyes again, sniffing and trying to stop her tears from falling. Olumide pushed her hands off his body. She reached for him again, holding him like she was stuck in the middle of the ocean and he was a life buoy. She placed her head against his chest.

"Why are you crying?" His tone had mellowed to a whisper.

"Because I don't want to leave you."

"Then don't."

"But Dami is right. I don't belong here. I don't even know who I am. What if? What if..." her voice trailed. "What if I can't be with you when I remember? What if the person I really am is not the person you love?"

Olumide held her away from him but placed his hand on her shoulders. "Romola, look at me."

She opened her eyes to see that he stood much closer to her now. He cupped her face with his palms without breaking their locked gazes. She could see her face reflected in the deep pools of his eyes.

"No one. No one. Not even Dami will ever come between us. I liked you before you lost your memory and I refuse to give up on us. I'll do anything to keep this special feeling that I have for you."

His voice lowered as his lips drew close. "And I'd never let anyone. Not even Dami take you away from me. I didn't let Yetunde and I won't let anyone else, I promise."

He sealed his promise, placing his lips against hers. She parted her lips in shock and he took the opportunity to deepen the kiss, delving into her mouth with this tongue.

She felt her knees shiver and lose their form as she gripped his shoulder. Their lips danced a tango and their tongues waltzed. He led and she followed as they consumated their feelings with touches and carresses while forgetting words.

Olumide pulled away first. Her chest heaved up and down as she took in deep breath to replace the oxygen she forgot to breath. She could feel the pumping of his heart as it beat against her chest. Could he hear how fast hers was beating too? Her legs still felt like they needed some support so she kept her hands linked around his neck while he held her by the waist. She stared into his eyes feling dizzy with delight and a blush lifted her cheeks. He stared at her with a smile on his lips.

"You trust me right?" He leaned closer so she felt his breath fan her face.

"Y.. Yes."

"So you'll stay?"

"For as long as you want me to."

"That's all I need to hear."

He tried to capture her lips again in a kiss but she stopped him, placing a finger on his lips.

"Wait." She struggled out of his hold and stood on her feet.

"What now?"

She grinned at the impatience in his voice. "You can only kiss me when we get to the beach and?"

"And what?"

"And...let's get the beach first."

"Whenever you're ready."

"I've been ready since yesterday."

"Of course." Olumide pecked her cheeks. He walked towards the bathroom with a smile on his face. "Get dressed quickly."