Chapter Eleven - From Bad to Worse

-Kara-

I had arrived home a week later. I had new security and now i was on my way to pick up my new pet. And now it was not a dog, it was a cat. I left my apartment and was aiming to use the subway. When I noticed Neal.

"As much as I would love a stud earrings. I thought you might want this back" he held up the multi pack of stud earrings.

"Thanks. As much as I would love to talk I'm busy and we don't have a case." I took them and continued on.

"Was it the passports?" he questioned following me

"No, it wasn't." i answered wishing he was just leave me be. It was bad enough that I would have to work as if nothing was wrong.

"Then what was it? You wouldn't have cut out like that unless you had a reason to" he pursued me

"Yes it was the amazing forged passports because it hit me in the face your a con man. Happy." I retort

"No." i pulled me to a stop

"no I want the truth."

"The truth, like that's easy? Let me ask you a question then Mr. Truth. Why aren't I enough?" I felt tears well up "Why aren't I enough for you? I saw the treasure on your laptop, you have nearly everything you need to just up and leave like your going on the subway to work. I know you Neal what you have is the white whale retirement plan. Is that what you were gonna do. Give me a charming smile say you're off to lunch and never come back? While I sit there like the idiot I am believing that you've become a better man. Not changed but improved. The only reason you're here is if you think i'm gonna say something to Peter."

"It's not as cold as that."

"isn't it?" I retort "Would you  have said goodbye?"

"No" I pull away from him and walk

"Kara." I turn "Would you have come with me?" he wonders and I stare at him like he's grown another head

"Would I have come with you? How would that have worked?"

"We'd just go."

"No." I answer "i wouldn't. You know I wouldn't. My life is here. my home. Everything I have worked for.  if you cared for me at all you wouldn't."

"I didn't. Did I?"

"I have to walk into work tomorrow and act as if nothing is wrong because my stupid ass still cares for you. Now leave me alone." I turn on my heal and walk away. I let out a deep breath.

--3rd pERSON-

Keller was desperate, he wanted his hands on the treasure and he knew that the easiest person to go after it was Kara. But being an Agent who knew his face. He couldn't just simply con her and lie. Kara was picking up some groceries when he grabbed her, because she was off duty, her gun was in her bag and she was caught off guard.

"Hello, Kara." she groaned in pain cluching her head that hand been thrown against a wall.

"Keller." she strained

"You got me, where's the treasure." she didn't answer. So he punched her "I know you know where it is. I know you do, so tell me. Tell me or it will be a very slow and painful death." she didn't answer so he proceeded to beat her up

Okay." she groaned and then gave him the IP address. He left her alone once he was gone she crawled to her handbag and slid out her phone. She pressed number three."

"Hello?" Mozzie answered "Kara?"

"Help" she groaned and then passed out. Mozzie on the other end called out for her but she didn't answer. He pulled out his computer and then tracked her phone, one of the paranoid  precautions he had taken seen as she was dating his best friend." he found her and took a taxi to her location finding her out cold.

"Oh no. okay." he pulled out his phoned reached into

"911 what is your emergency?"

"Officer Down I repeat officer down..." he gave the address "Contact Agent Peter Burke of the FBI." he hung up.

"Help is coming, I'm gonna watch make sure you're okay." he went to leave but she woke up suddenly grabbing his hand.

"Argh!" she pulled him close and whispered in his ear "are you sure." she passed out again.

"Okay, don't panic." he moved away and when he heard the sirens. He took out his laptop and rebooted the feed as the ambulance came. Then he called Neal.

"Hey Mozzie what's going on?" Neal answered

"Keller went after Kara." Mozzie told him

"What?"

"He snatched her off the street into an alleyway and beat her with an inch of her life. She must have me on speed dial because she called me and I tracked her call. When I got there she frightened me half to death. She passed on the words. Keller, Treasure, IP Address, Give to stop." Neal stopped in his tracks

"She gave him the IP address to save her life. is she okay? Where is she?"

"I called the ambulance, turns out officer down speeds up their response, she is being loaded into the ambulance as we speak. I will check on everything." Mozzie hung up

--------

Everything was almost over. Peter almost had Keller but as it turns out Mozzie made quick work, he took the Deigas and put a price out on Kellers head for what he had done 'Lady Suit' Burke was informed of what happened to Kara.

"Tell me what happened. Why did you turn off your GPS?" Peter questioned Neal

"You were right, he thought i had the treasure." he admitted "Peter he's the one who hurt Kara."

"You don't know that." Peter shook his head

"I do though. She called Mozzie before she passed out, he's the one who tracked her down and called the ambulance. She woke up for a moment and identified Keller." Peter sat back in his chair

"You should have told me the moment you knew. Not tried to take the law into your own hands."

"Peter, it's Kara. First Adler kills Kate and now Keller goes after Kara."

"But Keller didn't kill Kara, Neal, she's alive."

"She is, but whether that's on purpose or not i don't know." he stopped himself. Peter wanted to confront him about the treasure there and then but even he knew Neal was tearing him self up about what just happened. "Can...can I go see her?" he asked  

"Yeah. I will have Jones take you. But first..." he held up the anklet and Neal lifted up his foot. He was once more tethered . Jones took Neal to the hospital. When he got there, Kara was all beaten and wired up.

"The doc's said they've had to put her in a medically induced coma till the swelling in her brain goes down." Jones stated "Broken ribs, shattered collar bone, fractured leg and arm. She is a bit worse for wear. But given time, she'll heal. I'll be outside" he left the two alone. Neal grabbed a chair and pulled it next to her.

"I am so sorry, Kara. I am and when you wake up, which your gonna. I will make it up to you I promise."