Chapter One - In the Beginning.

-Kara-

-Kara-

I was hold up in my room, my sisters and Mom were downstairs filming KUWTK. For years I had outright refused to be filmed and much to their annoyance they complied with my wishes. I was singing Avril Lavinge as I danced my room tidying it up as I went. I picked up my guitar as played along with the song. When the sing finished there was around of applause. I gasped turning around, there my family was with the camera's.

"What the hell!" I dropped my guitar on my bed "Stop rolling now!" I pointed to the cameraman who looked away sheepishly.

"I told you, no filming. I mind my business you mind yours." I huffed

"You have a great voice, Kara. How many times do I have to say you should be a singer." Kim commented sitting on my bed

"First of all, I didn't invite you in, second I never have and never want to be famous. Third if you ever approve that going on air I will sue you just on principle. Fourth, piss off." i grumble continuing to tidy my room.

"Kara, watch your language." Mom scolded making me roll my eyes.

"Then don't invade my privacy with cameras in my face. My door was shut, this room is at the farthest end of the house so you couldn't have possibly heard me which means you were intentionally invading my space. To which all of you signed a contract not to. Me swearing is the least of your problems Mom. Now leave me alone. I have homework to do." I grab my books and sit down at my now clean desk.

----------

Kara Jenner talent revealed!

Kara Jenner (17) has for years been the private sibling of the Kardashian/Jenner clan. Choosing at a young age to have limited to no filming of her for the show. Kara is spoke of fondly my her family for choosing not to appear as a member of the show and keep her life away from the shows filming crews. Not to say we don't see her as proven by her active status on social media with her siblings though her account is private with limited followers.

However this latest episode has shown us all that she is keeping her talents hidden. This 30 second clip shows Kara sining along to Avril Lavinges 2002 hit Complicated. This short clip has garnered a massive response of positive and negative comments and shared on all her siblings account....

"Are you fucking serious!" I scream running downstairs and into the kitchen where my family were taking "I told you, I told you No. No means NO. It doesn't mean after several years ignore my wishes and plaster my 30 second clip of me singing in my room." I fumed

"jeez take a chill pill Kar don't act so spoilt." Courtney laughed

"You wanna see spoilt you sociopath cow. Fucking try it." I lifted my middle finger up at her "I told you when I was younger I didn't want to be filmed as much, then not at all, you agreed."

"Kara it's thirty seconds and people love you, I already have offers for you to be signed." Mom smiled like this was okay.

"This is not okay. You exploiting me is not okay Mom." I storm out and leave the house driving to Scotts.

"Wondered when you'd show up Little K." he let me in, Mason, Penny and Reign weren't with him today, they were back home playing with their cousins.

"Can you believe them? Can you, though? I swear to god being famous has made them more detached from the world that a promise and a official one at that they just do not care." I shook my head and sat down on the sofa.

"Well you are a Kardashian Jenner, part of the brand, you know. The only one that refuses to be made money of." he shrugged sitting across from me

"Why you still choose to do it is beyond me. But whatever." I sigh rubbing my temples "Ugh, I cannot wait till I turn 18. I am so out of there."

"And where are you gonna go, huh. Tim-buck 2?" I laughed at his lame joke

"Georgetown." I took the letter out of my back pocket and handed it to him he read it.

"No way. Congrats. Kara!" he lifted me up and swung me around making me giggle. This is what I loved about Scott, he had his moments where he could be an ass that you were never tired of slapping but these were the moments that made him my best friend and better than my family any day.

"Thanks, but you know what this means." I pull away "You gotta help me find and furnish my apartment. When I turn 18 I'll be making a lot of changes and I hope that you'll help me."

"Sure thing, anything you need." he agreed

-----------

"Happy Birthday, Kara!" My family yelled as I entered the kitchen.

"Yeah, thanks. I'm off out. Bye. Let's go Scott!" I grabbed my bag and phone then went to leave.

"Kara where are you going? It's your birthday we're celebrating." Mom called following me as I went to open the door to leave. Scott was right behind me.

"So, I have things to do. I'm busy. Laters." I slammed the door behind me. I had a plan now that I was 18 and nearly finishing school, I wasn't going to waste my 18th Birthday doing things that I've always done. Scott and I got into my car and pulled out of the driveway.

"So where first, Little K? And you do know that just because your 18 I'm not dropping the nickname." I laughed at him

"You're the only one that can get away with it. So we are going with the Lawyers first, that will be interesting, then we'll be on a phone call with a real estate agent in Washington as well as logistic for the eventual move. I ideally would like something near campus but not a dorm. I just need quiet. My own space with no chance of bumping into a camera man."

"Cool, and your still not telling your fam?" I nodded in response "This is not going to end well." he scratched his beard.

"Dude, they started it. I'm ending it. Fair is Fair." I comment and he didn't reply after that.

---------

It was official. I changed my last name. Kara James. It was a subtle and easy change I was still K.J but I had shed that familiar privilege. I was sat in my room filling out forms for official things like the numerous cards I had in my name. I had already moved my trust fund money into a different account.

"Hey Kara, what are you up to?" Kylie asks coming in a sitting on my bed.

"Paperwork, now that I'm 18, I'm officially in charge of my life. How can I help you Ky." I mumble as I continue.

"Nothing, just wanted to spend time with you. I know your graduation is coming up soon, Mom's cleared all of our schedules so we can be there." She told me but I refused to comment

"So what are you plans for after school? I could do a make up line with you, that would be great." she suggested and I turned to face her properly

"That is a good idea Ky but I'm not interested in that. But thank you, though." I smile softly

"It's okay, but what are you doing after you graduate?" she wondered

"I would tell you but I don't want to jinx it. You'll know soon enough." I chirp and grab my completed paperwork "Later Ky."