Tsuki's Timeline Pt. 22

Start from the beginning

But he was sure he emotionally wouldn't be able to do that either. He felt like he'd collapse in on himself like a dying star.

He thought about being an asshole, to drive her away and make her dump him.

But he tried that at the beginning, and the urge to get closer to her proved too great for him to hurt her like that.

Tsuki didn't know what to say, she just stared at Kakashi's face, the face she could fall in love with a million time given the chance. He was such a beautiful human to her, inside and out and she was having an internal battle with herself trying to figure how she was going to slip back into the future without making any changes.

"Are you hungry?" He asked, breaking the tension and relieving the romantic pressure for a moment.

"For some reason I am despite eating half of a cake by myself." Tsuki replied,"What sounds good to you?"

"Well it's your birthday, we go wherever you want." Kakashi said

"Well then for my birthday, I want to go wherever you want to." Tsuki said.

"Hmmm.." Kakashi leaned his head back,"Sushi?"

"Sushi it is." Tsuki said with a smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"We'll take a sashimi variety plate with a side of ebi ngiri and white rice" Kakashi said handing the menus back to the waiter.

Kakashi was getting increasingly nervous about giving Tsuki the birthday gift he prepared for her. He wasn't sure when to bring it out and thought it might be too forward.

"I probably shouldn't stay up too late, since I have a mission tomorrow." Tsuki said taking a sip of her water.

"Ugh, I hate that I can't go with you." Kakashi said putting his chin in his hand,"I'm gonna be stuck at the house by myself, bored."

"Well you have Makeout Paradise to keep you company." She teased.

"Yeah I guess...." Kakashi said,"Although I'd much prefer to recreate Makeout Paradise with you." He winked.

Tsuki blushed,"Keep your voice down Hatake!"

Kakashi giggled at her reaction.

"Kakashi! My eternal rival!" A familiar voice called out.

Tsuki's eyes widened, she hadn't run into anyone else from her current timeline until now.

'Fuck fuck fuck fuck. This isn't good.' she thought as Might Guy approached the table.

Kakashi's eyes widened as well, he couldn't be seen going out to dinner with a comrade from his own ANBU team.

With the way the booth was set up Guy couldn't see Tsuki sitting there, he only saw Kakashi sitting down on his side and assumed he was eating alone like usual.

Guy approached the table with the same confident aura he always had.

Tsuki ducked under the table and sat between Kakashi's legs just as Guy reached the table and sat down across from him.

"What say you to a sushi eating contest? I'll pay!" Guy said slamming his elbow on the table and pointing his thumb toward himself.

"Not now, Guy, I just want to eat and go home. I got injured on my last mission." Kakashi said trying to get rid of him as he put his legs over Tsuki's shoulders to keep her away from the other side of the booth as much as possible.

"Come on, Kakashi!" Guy persisted,"We haven't had a hot-blooded challenge in a while!"

"Yeah, well I've been busy.." Kakashi said passively, clearly not showing any interest.