Chapter 51: Saad

Saad's pov: 

I returned to the room around 12 am, Mirha was already in the bed. I went to her side of the bed, she was lying on the back, from the dried streaks on her cheeks, it was clear that she had fallen asleep crying. I fisted my hands, "What was making her so sad?" I questioned myself, trying to figure out. 

I sighed, placing a kiss on her forehead "my girl" I whispered softly touching her head. She was worrying me. I let out a deep breathe and went towards the closet to pack my bag. I just hoped that her mood would be lifted on the trip.

-------

I woke her up at 4 30 am, we were planning to leave around 5 30 am. Mirha got dressed in a maroon loose sweater and jeans with chunky sneakers. I also wore a sweater along with jeans, but in black color.  We headed downstairs, getting ready in 15 minutes. Daneen was already present in the living room, all ready with her small bag. After saying goodbye to Dado and Dad we got into the 8 seater Land cruiser, I already got last night for the trip. Mirha sat beside me, as Daneen took the back seat. 

I had just started the car, when I remembered an important thing. I stopped the car and got out" I will be back in a minute" I said and jogged towards the kitchen. I got a juice bottle along with some snacks for Mirha, She hadn't even eaten dinner and we weren't going to stop for breakfast before 8 at all.

I got into the car, extending the things towards Mirha, "You haven't eaten dinner, have something. " I said and started the car. Mirha seemed to be in a good mood, she was looking at me after short intervals, even smiling. I stopped in front of Arsh and Affan's place, only to find Hashir with them. 

"Where are the other two?" I asked raising my eyebrow, as they got into the car. Affan took the seat behind mine as Arsh and Hashir got in the back ones. 

"Someone had an accident in Ayeshe's extended family, she had to go there. And Ahmad, you know him, he won't bother coming with us without her " Affan said after greeting Mirha and Daneen.

"Zahe naseeb, aj to bry bry log hmary sath ja rhy hen( my good fate! Great people are traveling with us today" Arsh teased Daneen, making me roll my eyes. I started the car and we started our journey. 

Arsh and Affan already knew Daneen well, She had met them several times, and for an unknown reason, Arsh loved to tease her. Mirha was quite mostly, but she was smiling every now and then hearing the ruckus Hashir and Arsh were creating behind, today, even Affan was participating.

I stopped the car for Breakfast after 3 hours almost, "Wear your jacket" I told Mirha, as she was ready to get out in just the sweater. The sun was well hidden behind the clouds yet, and there was cold wind blowing outside. 

She wore it with a pout, as others got out all packed in warm clothes. I smiled as Mirha shivered as soon as she stepped outside. I locked the car and went inside, wrapping my arm around her, keeping her tucked on my side. We ordered breakfast and started waiting for it. 

"Arsh, are you planning to torture me through the whole trip?" Daneen said getting irritated.

"I am torturing you? You are breaking my heart, girl!" Arsh gasped dramatically, wiping his fake tears. Making everyone on the table laugh. 

"Saad!!!!!" Daneen called me, going red with anger. I just shrugged, not planning to waste my energy on this topic, when I knew very well that Arsh didn't have any ill intentions, he just loved to tease her. 

I had Mirha's chair right beside mine, with only a few inches between us. I saw her rubbing her hands together, which were red.

I covered her hands with mine. "Should I get your gloves ?"I asked ignoring the chatter going on the table.

"No, its fine, they will warm up quickly" Mirha said. I lifted her hands near my mouth, keeping them wrapped inside my hands and blew on them a few times. "Better?" I whispered , completely turned toward her.

"Allah Mian! Single awam ka koi khyal hi ni he yahan( Oh Allah! no one cares about single people here)" Hashir fake- wailed, making me raise an eye brow at him, as I lowered our hands, but still keeping hers inside mine.

Mirha tried to pull her hands, blushing. "Kr lo shadi, mene roka he?( Get married, I have stopped you?"I asked in a serious tone, making Hashir gasp dramatically. 

"Saad, how do you even put up with him?" Daneen again complained about Arsh, who kept taking utensils placed in front of her. 

"Arsh...." I called him giving a mild warning. He raised his hands, rolling his eyes. 

We ate breakfast in somewhat quiet, but Arsh was back to his torture by the time we finished. After paying the bill, we were ready to resume our journey. I was opening the car door, when I heard Daneen's voice. 

"Mirha.... Can you please sit on my seat? Arsh is right behind me, he keeps irritating me by pulling my hair, making weird noises etc. Pleaseeeeeee" Daneen said, Mirha had just opened her mouth, but Daneen cut her in. "Thankyou so much!!!! you are a sweetheart" She exclaimed and got into the front seat, making me fist my hand, I watched Mirha sit in the back, as I started the car. Mirha hadn't agreed yet and Daneen took it as a yes. She was my cousin, but her habits sometime irritated me. She thought that everything revolved around her, what she said must happen. I respected her as a cousin, but sometimes, she just got on my nerves.

I watched Mirha, she visibly went dull as soon as she sat in the car. A thought struck my head, I calculated the days and events..." Could it be Daneen upsetting her?" As soon as I questioned myself, I knew the answer.

Why hadn't I thought about it before, It was a big possibility, I should have expected it even. She was getting attached to a person after so long, and sharing my attention just now wasn't sitting well with her. I should have seen it coming, I mentally face palmed, getting angry with myself. I gave her the reason to be upset. I needed to resolve this problem as soon as possible.

----------------------

Khyal he k chor dun sb kuch
Or Phir yhi khyal chor deta hun.....

__________
Salaam readers! Heres the update❤️