Chapter 50: Mirha

Mirha's pov:

We returned home around 9 pm, Dado and uncle were already gone to sleep, whereas Daneen was sitting in the living area with a laptop in her lap. She placed the laptop on side, seeing us enter, and smiled. 

"Finally, you both are back" She said and then tucked a piece of her silk locks behind her ear. 

"Saad, are you tired? If not, can you help me with this project. I was thinking of completing my university work before going on the trip. If you are tired, we can do it tomorrow" She said, clearly with no mood of doing the work herself. 

I headed towards my room, not in the mood of listening more. 

I placed the bags in my hand on sofa, and took my clothes to get ready for bed. I had just laid in the bed, when Saad entered the room. 

"You already in bed" he stated placing the bags he had in his hands on the sofa beside mine. A new wave of relief had entered my body seeing that he was already here, I gave him a nod sitting with my back against the headboard, he came to my side of the bed and sat. 

"I came to freshen up, Daneen's work is going to take sometime. You can sleep" he patted my cheek, and I didn't know why I felt like crying at that moment. I laid down facing away from him. I could feel his shock at my move, and his stare, but couldn't be bothered by it.

 -----------------------

Saad's pov: 

I finally returned to my room around 1 am, when she started feeling sleepy. I wished I could complete the work tonight itself, but she was yawning again and again. 

I got in to the bed dimming the lights, only to realize that Mirha hadn't fallen asleep yet. She had her eyes tightly closed, but her fisted hands holding the comforter gave her away.

"You are still awake? Couldn't sleep without me?" I teased.

But to my luck, she didn't open her eyes, instead she turned away from me, still acting asleep.

"Mirha! what's wrong? Its the 2nd time, you have turned away from me" I questioned, sitting up. Her turning away from me was irritating me to another level.

"Nothing.... I am not feeling well." She whispered, still giving me her back. I kept staring at her back, willing her to turn towards me. When she didn't, I flopped down on the bed, thinking about the day. Mirha had been upset since morning, maybe, she was really not feeling well. 

An hour passed with me staring at the ceiling and her back, trying to understand the reason. When I felt her turn towards me, she had fallen asleep and was moving in the bed, trying to find something to keep her warm. 

Once, she was where she wanted to me, right at my side, a small sigh left her mouth and she settled with her face hidden on my side. A smile came on my lips, I turned towards her, letting her hide her face against my chest, feeling her blissful closeness myself. 

It didn't take me long to fall asleep after that. 

-----------------------------

Mirha's pov:

Next morning, It was Sunday, when we headed downstairs, we got to know that the breakfast was prepared by Daneen.

"Daneen, you didn't need to do all this" Dado said giving her a loving smile.

"Dado, I was missing cooking, so I thought why not just prepare breakfast. Can't I make breakfast here, Isn't it my home too?" She pouted, making dado hug her and assure her that it was her place too.

I wasn't feeling hungry and I regretted even coming down by this point. 

Saad had to go to Uncle's office to wind up some work before we left for holiday. He spent most of the day there. Thinking about his hard work, how he was studying and helping his dad at the same time, made me feel proud of him. 

Most of the day, I spent with dado and Daneen, who was telling us about her university adventures, her friends. 

She had a talkative, engaging, amiable personality, she could make people listen to her, entertain them with her company without even putting effort. But... something in me wasn't letting me enjoy her company. 

Saad returned in the evening, when he came out after freshening up and saw me sitting on the sofa, he came near me. 

"How was your day? I am sure, Daneen won't have let you feel bored" Saad said making it rub more. 

I nodded and looked at the button of his shirt. "Pack your things, we will be leaving early in the morning. I need to help Daneen tonight too, I will pack my things when I return. Don't wait for me, take rest. Okay?"He patted my cheek, making me pinch my lips. What was I supposed to do, let her spend all the time with him? Let her rule his life?

He was getting up, when I held the sleeve of his shirt. "Don't go. We haven't spent our 2 hours time together since 2 days"I mumbled, gathering all my courage. I kept looking at his hand, not being able to face him.

He sat in front of me again, giving me hope, making my heart flutter. "Sweetheart, only a little work is left, I have changed the whole process according to how I wanted it. Daneen won't be able to get it done without my help" he explained and I let go of his sleeve, lowering my eyes as I felt my eyes filling with tears. I nodded and quickly headed towards the closet. 

"Its okay, I will start the packing." I barely got out, when the door knocked. It was Hira, informing Saad that dadi was calling him. The tears started falling freely, as soon as he stepped out of the door.

They weren't stopping didn't matter how much I tried, I was hurt, even if a logical part of me was reasoning, trying to make me understand where he was standing. I didn't go down for dinner, telling the maid that I wanted to sleep.

----------------------------

Kya dard likhun? Kiun likhun?
Apny risty zakhmon pr mrhm lgany k lie?
Apny lafzon se apni hasti ki numaish krwany k lie....
Apni bikhri zaat ko r tor kr, na mukamal kehlwany lie
Kya dard likhun? Kiun likhun?.......

'_______________
Salaam readers! Heres the update❤️