Chapter 40: Mirha

Mirha's pov: 

I laid down on my side, watching Saad sit on the sofa with a book in his hand. The sofa was big, but definitely not something for a 6+ foot man. 

"Aren't you going to sleep?" I asked biting my lower lip nervously. He hadn't taken rest during the day too.

He raised an eyebrow, as if wanting to know where this question came from. "I told you, I sleep around 2 3 am. I am not feeling sleepy yet" his answer just made me frown. 

He came and sat on the bed by my side, with his book still in his hand. "Tell me, what's worrying you,hmm?" he asked.

"You haven't taken any rest during the day too, and now you will be spending the night on sofa. I can sleep on sofa, I have slept during the day too" I told him sitting up.

Saad's pov:

Its a routine for me, and don't worry, I am perfectly fine "I told her. But she still seemed worried, and her worry for me was making me feel good inside. 

"Okay, how about we share the bed?" I suggested, knowing that I was putting a step further, but still trying my luck.

Her eyes grew bigger on my suggestion, but I kept my cool facade, not wanting to make a big deal out of it.

"The bed is big enough, I wont touch you." I convinced her and it worked, she nodded reluctantly. I wanted her to get used to human closeness, even if it meant using her worry for me.

I sat on the right side of the bed and opened my book keeping my bedside lamp on. We were at a good distance of two three feet, but Mirha was still feeling awkward, she didn't lay down right away fidgeting with the sleeve of her night shirt.

"Lay down, Mirha. I think we are past the point where you would fear me touching you without your permission" She laid down right away and pulled the blanket on top of her. She stayed stiff for sometime, peeking up at me after every short while, but I kept my focus on the book and she fell asleep soon.

I closed the book, once she fell asleep. Her lips were slightly parted and she looked more innocent sleeping with her hand tucked underneath her head. Her soft sweet scent was starting to surround me. My heart skipped a beat, I wanted her closeness. These feelings, the rush of happiness and peace was new to me on seeing her. The need to touch her, to feel her was new. I had never felt this, not even in my early teens, when every boy felt attracted to the girl they saw. I haven't felt those attractions like other boys and now this. It was worrying me too, I didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable or push her too much. 

I spent a lot of time watching her and it was fun, cause her facial expression changed after every few minutes. I wanted to know if she was dreaming, if yes then about what........

-----------------------

Next morning, I awoke Mirha with me for exercise. 

"I feel perfectly healthy. I don't want to exercise right now, lemme sleepppppp" She mumbled rubbing her eyes.

"Get up, quickly. You get tired so easily. We need to work on your stamina, It would help you do more with your day too, Sleepyhead" I made her sit up holding her hand and she made a crying face. I wanted to laugh at that moment.

"From tomorrow, promise" She pleaded giving me puppy eyes.

I lifted my eyebrow asking if she really thought that it would work. What she didn't need to know was it was actually working.

"I won't stay up with you for 2 hours tonight!" she told me with an angry pout getting up. 

"You will be. Don't make me turn it into 3 hours" I warned with mischief clear in my voice. Once, she was ready, we headed downstairs. 

As I expected, her stamina was non existent, she needed a break after every 20 minutes. She sat down after sometime and I continued with my exercises. 

Mirha's pov:

Sitting on the chair, I watched him, drinking my water slowly. He was sweating, It was the first time, I was seeing him like this. And it was making me uncomfortable, but I wasn't able to pull my eyes away from him. He had a strong body, something I used to fear, but now..... I was seeing it in a different light. He was there to protect me, not to hurt me.

I headed upstairs first and took a shower. I got ready for university as he went to the bathroom. I was done, when he came out. There was still some time before breakfast, I took my cell and started scrolling through instagram. A pic got my attention. The girl had similar hair to mine. Her hair cut looked awesome, but it looked difficult, I couldn't possibly do it myself. I fingered the strand of my hair pouting, I needed to cut the split ends, but I hadn't even done it yet. 

"What are you doing?" Saad asked pulling me out of my thoughts. He was standing right infront of me all ready for university. 

"Nothing much, just this hair cut." I showed him the pic. He squinted his eyes and then clicked to read the lines written below the pic.

"You like it?" He asked looking up at me.

" It seems nice..... But trimming my hair is difficult, this is impossible" I gave him a smile and placed the phone in my backpack, ready to go downstairs for dinner. Saad used his cell for a few seconds and then held my hand, as we headed to the dinning room.

-------------------------

Jamal e yar ki surat
Hm kaafir, hm munkir.....

_______________
Salaam readers! Heres the update.