chapter 36:Mirha

Mirha's pov: 

I took a step back, making me bump against the closed window. I looked down not wanting to show him tears filling my eyes.

"Mirha! sweetheart.... look at me" his voice was soft and calm, he knew how to make me listen to him and it just made me feel more vulnerable at that moment.

I looked up in his calm eyes, coaxing me in."Give me your hand." he instructed me, and I gave it to him reluctantly, not knowing what he had in mind. He pulled me towards bed and made me sit before sitting beside me.

He kept my hand in his, running his hand over my knuckles soothingly. "Why are you so scared, butterfly?" He asked me, staring deeply in my eyes. 

"I- I already feel vulnerable around you.... I don't- want my past to ruin it more... to make you look at me differently"I whispered trying to hold in the tears. His features softened a little, why was he doing this to me? Did he enjoy making me weak?

"Why do you thinking, being vulnerable around me is a bad thing? A person is vulnerable, when he is allowing a person in, letting a person see him in the truest lights, and it isn't something a weakling can do. And about your past making me look differently at you...... nothing is going to make me FEEL differently about you. I feel protective of you, I want to help you, and its not going to change"His voice was soft as he continued running his thumb over my hand, making my hand warmer in his hold.

He was good with words, it didn't take him seconds to nullify my both points. A- and to my horror, his moves were soothing me too, pushing me to tell him everything, to let the burden lift from my heart, to utter the words I had avoided saying to everyone. 

"My parents........ they didn't have a good relationship..." the few words I let out were already making me claustrophobic, I could feel tears clogging my throat as a few ran down my cheeks, but I continued as he kept rubbing my hand " I can't remember- if they e-ever had a good relationship. M-y father.... he was abusive towards my mom.... he used to hit her on smallest things....Mom would stay bruised for days...."I stopped taking a deep breath as the flashes of that night started moving through my eyes. I- I didn't want to relive all that, I didn't know if I could survive it. Before, I knew it, I was weeping badly.

Saad's pov:

Before I could stop her, she had pulled her hand from mine and started digging nails in her arms. She had started scratching it badly, making blood ooze out at different places. "Mirha!!!" I called her sternly, wanting her to listen to me even through her haze. It took her several seconds to react, but she finally looked in my eyes still digging her nails in her wrists. And at that point, I actually understood what helplessness actually felt like. I was seeing her hurt herself and still couldn't pull her hands away fearing about her just getting worse. 

"You are not alone, don't hurt yourself. You don't need to do this. I am here for you. Take comfort from me, Butterfly" I said with as much calm as I could muster up at that moment. She was looking at me with doubt, not knowing what I meant. 

I opened my arms "hug me" I told her knowing that she felt safe in my arms, she found comfort in me at the moment she didn't even know about the coming moments in her life. 
I saw a spark of hope in her eyes, but the sadness, the pain was still overpowering it.

"I won't touch you" I urged her to come to me, to leave her arms alone. And she finally did it, She threw her arms around my neck and hid her face in my chest, as if she didn't want to see what was happening around her for another second. Her tears were soaking me chest. I placed a hand on her head, just kept rubbing it softly, when I wanted to wrap my arms around her. To make her feel that I was there for her, I wasn't going to let anything hurt her. I whispered sweet nothings to her before I knew what I was doing, wanting to comfort her in any way I could. 

She kept crying for a long time, and by the time she moved back, a good part of my shirt was wet. She looked at me as if hoping that I would stop her from sharing her past, but I didn't. I couldn't, she wouldn't have been able to move on without getting it all out. From her reaction, it was clear that she hadn't shared her pain with anyone.

----------------------------

(Tum)

Mere udaas dil ka karar tum
Mere hr khyal ka unwaan tum
Meri zkhmi ruh ka sakoon tum
Meri saans saans ka jawaz tum....

______________
Salaam readers! Heres the update. ❤️
The last one before Ramadan break. I know, its a bit of a cliffhanger😅

LOVE YOU ALL! May you all have a blessed Ramadan.❤️