14~ Katara Can Handle Herself

"I'm not one to complain, but can't Appa fly any higher?" Sokka whines as Appa drifts in and out of the water below them.

They had been travelling non-stop to the North Pole since they left the Northern Air Temple. The journey started to take a toll on them all.

"I have an idea," Aang spits, whipping his head around to look at Sokka. "Why don't we all get on your back and you can fly us to the North Pole?"

"I'd love to," Sokka starts to wiggle his butt in the air. "Climb on, everyone. Sokka is ready for takeoff."

"Look, we're all just a little tired and cranky because we've been flying for two days straight." Katara reasons.

"And for what? We can't even find the Northern Water Tribe. There's nothing up here."

(Y/n) craned her neck to see over the side of the saddle without moving the rest of her body. She and Aang saw ice rise out of the water at the same time, and they both screamed. Aang pulled on Appa's reigns to steer him away from every slab of ice that was jutting from the sea.

A piece of ice caught onto Appa's paw, and he spun into the water. They all hung onto something fro dead life as ice surrounded App, holding him in place. Boats filled with people came into view and began to approach them.

"They're waterbenders. We found the Water Tribe!" Katara exclaims.

The waterbenders exchange friendly greetings with them, once Aang explains who he is and why he's here. They lead the GAang to the Northern Water Tribe, and it is beautiful.

When they come through the entrance, they float along canals through intricate buildings made of ice and snow, waterfalls cascading into the canals. They pass under bridges, where groups of people watch them in awe. Aang gives small waves to the people, who obviously know who he is.

A canoe passed them on the other side, and in it, was a beautiful girl with white hair. Behind her sat a boy with black hair, and they shared similar features. Neither of them gave the group a second glance, looking forward.

"This place is beautiful." Katara commented.

Sokka quickly got up from the saddle, and stood on Appa's tail.

"Yeah, she is." Sokka sighed, looking at the girl as she floated past them.

(Y/n) rolled her eyes. She thought the boy in the canoe was attractive, but she wasn't going to make a fool out of herself to make everyone know it. Sokka can trip over every pretty girl who looked at him. Not like (Y/n) cared...right?

••

The drums beat in unison as the friends took their seats at a table with the Chief, facing the people of the Northern Water Tribe.

"Tonight, we celebrate the arrival of our brother and sister from the Southern Tribe," the Chief announces to the people, gesturing to Sokka and Katara. Sokka sat on the end of the table, Katara next to him, and (Y/n) between Katara and Aang. "And they have brought with them someone very special, someone who many of us believed disappeared from the world, until now... the Avatar."

Aang smiled and gave a small wave, and the people clapped for them.

"We also celebrate my daughter's 16th birthday," the Chief stood aside as the same beautiful white haired girl from earlier came up to the table, with two guards beside her. (Y/n) recognized one of them as the same boy in the canoe with the Princess. "Princess Yue is now of marrying age."

(Y/n) saw Sokka's eyes go wide as he turned to look at the princess.

"Thank you, Father. May the great ocean and moon spirits watch over us during these troubled times." Yue spoke, her voice confident and clear.