Prologue

Vixen POV

"Two hundred years ago, I was still happily inhaling the fresh air and listening to the sweet birdsong with my family. The place where I am standing now is surrounded by tall buildings and noisy cars. I breathe deeply but immediately frown due to the smell of the air.

After the hunt, my whole family was killed, leaving me behind. I was the youngest and the only daughter of the Jullian Family, but not anymore. I'm a scientist now. During the hunt, humans had invented guns with poisonous bullets, leaving us supernaturally defeated. They played dirty, causing a great decline in the supernatural population.

They say we are a threat to humanity, but they don't realize that they themselves are the threat. In the past hundred years, I haven't met any of my kind, and I don't plan on searching for one. I know that there are still a few of us left, and as time goes by, humans forget about us.

I took one last glance at our old house. The government is going to demolish it and build a condominium building for the people.

The mansion where I stayed from the day I was born was slowly collapsing. The beauty of the house is breathtaking. The historic details of it make people stop and take a picture. Although I have a great income, I didn't have a chance to maintain it. It was because the government didn't want that house to keep occupying the land they wanted.

Carrying my bag, I settled myself inside my car, heading to my new apartment. Ignoring the rant of everyone outside because of the traffic, I drive slowly and turn on the radio to listen to my favorite song, 'All of Me' by John Legend. I hum along, following the slow beat of the music.

I stop when the traffic light turns red, looking up at the dark clouds full of toxic chemicals, I sigh again. This will be my last year as a scientist. After I finish creating the new technology, I will resign and start anew.

3rd person POV

Screams

Screaming and crying can be heard everywhere as every Usuro family lost their loved ones. Males were devastated by losing their females.

A week ago, meteors hit the Usuro planet, causing a pandemic. The smoke emitted from the meteorites killed the females of Usuro one by one. The smoke continually spread around the planet, threatening the lives of females.

Two years had passed, and there were only 8 Usuro females that survived. Some single males became aggressive; they wanted to have a female for their own to fulfill their lustful desires; others were nervous, thinking that their race would go extinct.

The Usuro king declared a new law, saying that females were free to choose who their male would be. He heard about the concerns of the remaining females, including his Queen, and so he came up with this law. He also had a meeting with the remaining females to say that they have to create as many children as they can with their chosen male.

While sitting on the throne with his Queen, their warrior came rushing in, saying that some single males are starting a rebellion against the monarchy as soon as they heard about the law.

The king expected this to happen, so he told his advisor to prepare and settle the plans they made. The king sent a message to other females giving them a warning and instructing them to gather at the meeting place they hid in case of an emergency.

Hours passed, and one of the king's warriors came. He had blood all over him, which made the king and his wife nervous. It turns out the rebellion was already starting, and it started to infiltrate the palace. Heartbroken, the king did not have a choice but to flee. It was unexpected, and he had to sacrifice some of the warriors in the palace to delay the enemies.

Blood was everywhere, and as the war between the rebellious single Usuro males and the monarchy continued, the king ran away together with his Queen and some other families. They had to hide from the aggressive ones. Although the monarchy is powerful, the enemy outnumbered them.

They had to do this to protect the remaining females from the abuse they would face from the aggressive males if captured. The 8 females are their only chance to continue their race.

Although they live long and are like immortals, there are still threats to their lives. The universe is vast, and if a mere smoke can wipe out their females, then there will be something that can also wipe out the Usuro males.

Author's note

What do you guys think? It's my first story, so I'm not very confident about this, especially since English is not my first language.

Please do leave a like or comment if you find the story amazing. Thank you so much."