Chapter 18 - The Neglected Son

GARRET POV

While I was staying at the castle I found out more about Pura Lupus and their abilities. On the Kingdom law they are not allowed to use any means of skills or powers outside the premises as it may endanger their life and might lead to war.

After the conversation I had with Marcus that night I accepted the fact I am not being welcomed here by my own flesh and blood. I even stopped calling the King as Father and forever I'll remember the day he made me feel neglected.

(FLASHBACKS -- two days ago)

I followed Vanessa on the field when I saw her early morning. It was the same day I found out her abilities. I didn't expect she got those elemental powers while I feel left out without any abilities like her. I'm also Pura Lupus by blood but I didn't possess any abilities. I watched Vanessa shifted to her wolf form while running to the forest.

'She has pure white fur while ours is black.' Thor compared our appearances.

'Yes not fair huh? She also got two elemental powers as and we don't!' I snapped.

'Maybe because our mother was a witch and she is a Pura Lupus not to mention a royal blood.' My wolf reasoned out.

'May I remind you I am a Prince too?' I taunted.

'Why don't we seek our father's help instead of? Maybe he can explain it and your insecurities will be gone.' Thor huffed.

I head back to my room and had my shower. After I made myself presentable I decided to visit my father at his study room.

"Father, do you have a minute?" I somewhat bumped into him by the door.

"I'm a bit in a hurry. Let's talk later okay?" He stood up in hasty manner.

"It's actually important about my---" I was to continue when he waved his hand ordering me to stop.

"Your sister has been unconscious after running to the forest. I need to check her we can discuss this after.' He cut me out.

"But father I---" I insisted.

"I said later okay! Now if you can't be useful with your sister's condition might as well leave." He turned around with no emotions at all.

His tone made me flinched and I can't help but compare him to Leo. He might be my stepfather but he never treated me as if I am some kind of dust. Never once in the long of my stay here he spared me the same attention. All I want is for him to notice me but he never did it's always Vanessa.

(END OF FLASHBACKS)

Since then I never talk to him he only summon me if he wants too. Just like right now he ordered me to watch over her precious daughter. I didn't like the idea at first but considering I'll be seeing her friend Sophia I'm okay with it. I like her too much and soon I will tell her how I feel.

I was in the hallway to find her again but I something caught my attention it was a lavender scent. I followed it and saw a girl with blonde ash brown hair facing her back towards me.

'Our mate! Go to her quick!' Thor gets excited.

'I knew but I'm not going to claim her.' I gave uninterested tone.

'What?!' Thor yelled sounding pissed.

'Can't you smell her scent is mixed with another guy?!' I barked.

My wolf probably smelled it suddenly we saw her talking to the guy named Anthony that earns growl from Thor but I controlled him. We both turned around seeing how occupied she is. Maybe when we see her again we will claim her but not for now.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine