Chapter 7 - The Father's Secret

VANESSA POV

As soon as I entered Dad sat beside me while Mom is sitting in front of me.

"Vanessa we want to tell you something important." Dad gulped.

"What is it that I need to take lightly Dad? I heard you from the doorway." I blurted out and shocked was written on their faces.

"VANESSA JADE! That is not a proper Princess behaviour." Mom gave her moral speech again.

"I know it's rude listening to your conversation but you were talking about me." I defended my actions.

"Baby girl please don't get upset for what you are about to find out." Dad cut us out.

"Promise us you will keep your mind open sweetheart." Mom holds my shoulder.

"I will." I nodded.

"Vanessa long before I found your mother I had a long-time girlfriend for two years named Giesel. I was sixteen and I thought she was my mate but I discovered she put me on spell." Dad starts while I listened carefully.

"Spell? As in the witch craft thing?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Yes she was a half-witch and half human." Dad confirmed.

"So what is Giesel had to do with me?" I quizzed him.

"I got her pregnant." Dad words shocked me.

Instantly a lot of things were running in my mind.

"Mom is this true?" I saw her nod.

"He is one year older than you baby girl." Dad goes over.

"How did you find out she's a witch Dad?" I am in the process of absorbing the news.

"Your grandfather has always been suspicious about Giesel. So he tracked her down by one of our best warriors. I was in rage when I first heard but no one knew I was spelled. Your grandfather disowned me for choosing her. After that I left and accidentally found your mother. That's when I got confused and realized Dad might have been right." Dad continued his story.

"Why you didn't reject Dad?" I directed my attention to Mom.

"At first I was mad because all my life I have been waiting for my mate. It took me awhile to forgive him but I never rejected him. Your Dad explained what happened and everything about Giesel. I accepted him because he is my mate and I know he was under the spell it's not your father or his son's fault baby girl." Mom made me understand how Mate Bond can really affect you.

"Did you even meet that witch?" My questions just keep on coming.

"I did it's quite hard but she apologized and we knew she meant it." She reacted calmly.

"How can you be so sure of that? And Dad is he really your son?" I wanted to be certain.

"She found her mate and yes I had him tested." Dad clarified.

"So where are Giesel and your son Dad?" I managed to say it without difficulty.

"When the Elders knew what she did her witch power was taken from her as punishment. She became human and vulnerable to sickness." Dad filled in.

"What do you mean?" I creased my eyebrow.

"She died because of liver cancer last week. Her mate didn't take it so he killed himself. She left a note for us to tend your half-brother." Dad hand me the note.

The letter was full of regrets on Giesel part. Even in the brink of her death she is still begging for Mom's forgiveness. I can tell from this piece of paper every word that was written was true and honest.

"Where is he? I wanna meet him." I closed the letter.

Dad stood up from his sit and left us for a moment. When he returned I saw a guy with blue eyes same like me and Dad. I immediately felt we are blood related. He remained standing so I moved to his side.

"Hi Garret. I'm Vanessa." I initiated the introduction.

'Why he isn't saying something Nessa? Is he deaf? Mute?' Rein studied him.

'Maybe he is still taking time accepting this like we are.' I pulled away with uncertain emotion.

'I felt something odd about him.' She commented straight away.

'Give him the benefit of the doubt Rein. He is still our brother.' I blocked her when Dad speaks.

"Thank you baby girl. I know its sudden news for both of you but I'm glad you accepted Garret as your half-brother." Dad appreciated my reactions.

"I believed both Garret and I will get along just give us some time. One thing is for sure I already have a brother who can defend me." I smiled at Garret.

"We want you to know that you are still our baby girl that will never change." Dad hugged me.

After my conversations I went for a run while my parents showed Garret around the Kingdom. I felt happy but Rein's words cling into my brain. I just hope it was all just a false intuition with that thought I head home. I went straight to shower and off to bed.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine